Friday, May 04, 2007

Back in TheHowserHouse (stick/brick)

I returned this morning just before noon.....in driving rain. The traffic was moving so slowly through the hills on the two lane highways.......and it took almost 4 hours....much longer than usual for the 200 mile trip.

The 1st Lady left shortly after I arrived to go visit Mike and pick up Rachel in Cape Girardeau. She will be spending the weekend with us as this is THE weekend for the annual Azalea Festival here in F'town. It has rained here for days and the ground is more than saturated.....it is overflowing. The forecast for tomorrow and Sunday is for sunshine and warm temps.....sure hope it is accurate!

I spent most of the afternoon catching up on things that I needed to do this week, but since I was gone they needed to be done today. Darrel and Dr. Jeni, along with Meghan and Ava, are coming for the Festival weekend. Then tomorrow, the 1st Lady's sister is bringing their Mom(Granny) down for the weekend. Neither one has been here since we remodeled, so they are anxious to see the changes.

This evening...well, I watched both of this week's segments of American Idol.....since "our" house in Eldon doesn't have cable tv anymore.....or for that matter, a TV! Also watched "Survivor".....and tried to get caught up on these programs. "Idol" is getting narrowed down....and then next couple of shows will be interesting and emotional as it gets down to 2 people!!

I have not yet caught up on my sleep and rest. This has been a busy week of constant sorting and tossing away........and making the decisions that all of this entails. Looking forward to HOPEFULLY getting some sleep tonight in a bed that is "molded" to my hulking form.....hahah!

My mind is not working very well......and so I will close for the evening. Perhaps I will be thinking better tomorrow night.....??? Hmmmm.....hope so, anyway!!

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: