Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day 8: Tuesday....a Day of Traveling....

Well.....DAMN!!!!! There is no way I will ever catch up on this blog. Read below in the previous posts that I just published this evening.........I have never been THIS LONG without being able to get online since I began posting on this blog two years and several months ago!!!!!!!! I am having horrific withdrawal problems.....and to make matters worse.....for some damn reason that I know no why I have lost ALL of my precious, most important bookmarks!!!!! AND....my Internet Explorer will not work...and...and..and..and......and I am pissed!!!!!!

Let's see......the main news: Sunday evening as we returned to the COE campground on the west side of Mark Twain Lake at the Indian Creek CG.......at about 8:30pm I was driving about 63 mph....and out of absolutely nowhere......a deer appeared in front of the car from the side of the road....and I HIT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well....the noise was a BAM....and a few crinkling sounds and then there was no place to pull off the small narrow, shoulderless road.....and so I had to drive on about a quarter of a mile....and then I pulled off. Damage: A crushed front, heavy duty Ford Tough bumper......and some collateral damage. No deer was in sight behind us....and so we just drove....no liquids pouring onto the road, etc., etc. Very driveable, thank God!!!

Yesterday was a day of preparing to leave for Wisconsin.....and that about was the main item of the day. A boat ride with family for the 1st Lady.......and lunch with Dr. Jeni and family at the Marina....and then a small supper at TheHowserHouse with the 1st Lady's brother and wife.

TODAY.....up early...and on the road by 8:00AM......and 8.5 hours later we pulled into the camping resort here at Lake Delton, WI.....and joined many other Cedar Creek RV Owners Club members at the International Rally here. WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had hardly turned off the engine and our "yard" was full of friends from the all over the USA and Canada coming to greet us!!!! And from then on........it was drinks, snacks, and laughter and stories as we sat around until dark....and then continued by lighting a fire and sitting around it....enjoying the great friendships we have with each other!!! More on this later.

Currently I am sitting on the bench outside the restroom buildings....mosquitoes nipping at my aging hulk of sagging skin as I write this....the Wifi doesn't reach to TheHowserHouse assigned site, but that is ok. At LEAST I HAVE ONLINE CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!

Sooooo, more in detail tomorrow, or phone my cell phone tonight. My sagging body is getting eaten alive out here.......NOT GOOD...for me, or for the damn mosquitoes!!! Will try to post a few pics before getting off of here.........

And with friends like those that are here........it can't be anything BUT:

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And...I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: