Saturday, May 12, 2007

Another varied day in my Life.....nothing unusual!

WOW.......what a hazy, humid, and almost HOT day it was today!!!! I keep looking at the calendar thinking I have slept through a month or two........this type of weather is really just not quite "normal" for mid-May...even in SE Missouri. Hmmmm......sure beginning to wonder just what July and August will be like here!!!???

I had help this morning from a man named Goldie.....and a neighbor named Jim.......and thank goodness they were available for some physical assistance. The 1st Lady and I gave our daughter-in-law our used electric flat-top kitchen stove/range........as well as our well-used dishwasher. Both appliances were removed last fall from our kitchen when we gutted it completely during the remodeling project. Sooooooo, this morning I needed assistance to get these two appliances loaded into the back of my truck so I could take them to her new home in Cape.

And that I did! The 1st Lady and I arrived there around noon.......unloaded them with the help of our daughter-in-law's father and his friend who had come down from south STL to assist in getting the house cleaned and a few repairs made.

Then following an hour there, we took Rachel to see Mike......and returned to Cape late afternoon. A bit later, the 1st Lady and I enjoyed a few minutes of shopping in the main mall in Cape......and then we went to Barnes & Noble for a bit of time....and finally decided to eat at Panera Bread. Always a GREAT choice!!!!! Love their Broccoli-cheese soup, as well as their Greek Salad.....both of which I enjoyed this evening. We ate al fresco......on their new patio and it was a wonderful way to end a good day.

We arrived home around 9:30pm.......while the highway from Cape to here is being improved, right now it is HORRIFIC shape!!! Enough so that anyone who drives it has their patience tried to the max!!!

We are thinking and discussing spending a bit more time than 2-3 weeks on the road....when we depart here in about 10 days. Perhaps we will go on over to northern Michigan after all.......I'm READY.....if I can just convince her....haha! Time will tell.......

And so.....as I said above.....it has been a varied day, like so many of mine these days. But.....it only re-enforces the fact that.....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: