Thursday, December 21, 2006

Still alive.....and going a mile a minute...

Yesterday...last night...we had to drive for 200 miles in fog, mist, rain, heavy traffic, .....all the worst things to have on the highway in the evening hours. Soooo, I didn't post last night as I was completely exhausted!

We went to Eldon to visit my mother, my sister and her family, and exchange gifts. It was a good visit, however, I can really see just how quickly my mother is sliding downhill! The past few weeks have brought about a large change in her since we saw her last. And that change is not for the best for her........I'm afraid she is just "wearing out".......as she is getting weaker physically, and more "foggy" in her memory ability. Which begs the question: what kind of decisions need to be made....and will she go along with these decisions??? She is still a strong-willed, gracious lady.......but, I believe it is time that some changes are made in regards to her care and welfare.

Today: Well, it was hell bent for leather, as the saying goes........trying to get the house put back together again......and there just wasn't enough time today to get it all done!!!! I had the piano moving crew/friends here and we returned the grand piano to it's rightful place in the living room, we painted baseboards and trim, we began to carry items through the house to the guest room, we laundered the window treatments and re-hung them, we returned items to the closet that were removed during the floor refinishing, and ......and.....and....and...now I am really, really tired!!! Did we finish??? HELL NO!!!!!

And tomorrow, we head north to Hannibal for two days to have Christmas with the 1st Lady's family. There will be close to 40 of us there....and we have many rooms booked at the Quality Inn in Hannibal for tomorrow night. All of the grandchildren and great grandchildren will spend the afternoon and evening in the pool and hottub.......and some may hit a local pub later on. On Saturday we will have gift exchange.....and the we have a dinner that is being catered which everyone will enjoy. Another big weekend......

And so....I will close now and try to get a few more things done here..........

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: