Thursday, December 07, 2006

BRRRRR.....COLD but a beautiful day!!!

WOW.......how long before the 1st Lady and I leave for the Rio Grande Valley????? With the temps this low and the wind this high......it is time to leave NOW!!!! HAHHA.....yep....it was really cold and windy, which made it REALLY COLD!!!!

I left for STL.....after my cup(s) of Fr. Roast coffee this morning.......and ran up there, picked up the items that finishes out our cabinets, and was back in F'town in three hours!!! For the first time in days, I felt like myself......YEAH!!!!! It was a beautiful, clear day and a great morning for this quick drive into the city and back........sooooo good to be alive!!

Arriving home and unloading the boxes, I realized that our house was completely undone again......and that a hard hat was almost needed. The crew was working.......not tooooo fast......and items on my "get it done" list were slowly being completed. The new lighting in the sun room was installed, the baseboards around the rooms were painted and were installed this afternoon, the medicine cabinet in the new bath was installed, cabinet doors were adjusted for rubbing and correct alignments, and the new doors with the glass inserts were hung. Tomorrow.....well, they will have a full plate if they intend to finish by the end of the day......not sure it will be possible.

This evening I began putting all of the dishes, glassware, etc., etc. into the new VERY QUIET dishwasher and getting the dust and dirt off of them so they can be put away in their new cabinet home......we will never know where anything is for some time to come!

The 1st Lady had a Beta Sigma Phi sorority meeting this evening, so I was busy making sure that all of her favorites on the tellie tonight were Tivo'ed so she wouldn't miss a word!! HAHAH......we have become addicted to a few shows each week.........never thought I would ever read THIS stage!!

Soooooo.....wasn't it an interesting day to talk about?????!!! The day went through the hours sooooo quickly.......seems as if nothing of importance really occurred........sorry!!!! But, as usual.....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: