Monday, December 04, 2006

Never Fear.....I'm still here!!

Yep.......I'm still here......but, have been somewhat "under the weather", and I don't mean the cold and icy weather. My aging body has decided that it wants to let me know that I am NOT in complete control of it.......it has been an eventful last few months!!!! First, the "funny" feelings in the southern regions that had me going into the hospital for that LONG black "snake" to be inserted into regions I've never seen, but all of my docs have now seen it! Then it was an invasion of my appendages for a full 30 minute scan.

Then......before long it was the bladder infection which had me reeling for a couple of days.....both in shock and in discomfort. And now.......after almor four years never having even the smallest of colds, this old body decided to allow a frightfully strong cold germ inside to play around in my head, my sinuses, my throat.....and finally into my lungs. And for the past few days....I have been hacking my head off, day and night.......wearing out my abdominal muscles from all of the overworking as I cough, hack, and try to cough some more to clear out the crap that is lying down there in the darkness of my wheezing lungs. And soooooo,.....NOW you can perhaps understand why I haven't written for a couple of days!! RIGHT???

Saturday the 1st Lady and I went to close to the Bootheel of Missouri to Charleston, where our oldest son finds himself now that he has been transferred. We had a great visit with him....a decent lunch for what is available there, and then we returned through Cape Girardeau for a brief hour or so of shopping.........NOT that Cape has many places to shop!

Yesterday.....well, I was mostly "out of it" with OTC meds.....trying to fight this nasty little invasive germ.....trying to get it to leave hit sagging hulk. Retired to my horizontal position early....AFTER The Amazing Race.....and then laid there with a heating pad on my chest as I attempted to loosen up the germ and all of his buddies that were having a great time in my lungs. Consequently......I was awake....LITERALLY......all night....tossing and turning, hacking and coughing every five minutes. The night was LONG and miserable.......

And today.....well, I just didn't agree to do very much as we began to put the study/den back together after the refinishing and the new paint job with new baseboards that the 1st Lady did all by herself!!!! I called a most dependable friend that lives here in F'town and soon he was knocking on the door, ready to help the 1st Lady and myself move the older tellie, large desk, and other items into the study. Sure glad he was available.......I am beginning to feel personally responsible for his physical development......hahaa!!

And sooooo, it is now time for a bit more of the dark red medicine, however......it is Robitussin cough syrup......not a glass of cabernet, damn it!!............but,

Life is Great....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: