Saturday, December 16, 2006

How MANY times do I have to........???

Her 60th birthday DAY!!!! And so, I became vertical as quietly as I could and quickly showered and dressed.....and then sneaking out of the front door, I hurried over to the ONLY grocery store in town and picked up some fresh(??) pastries for the 1st Lady to consume for her birthday breakfast. Arriving back home before the appointed time to awaken her, I arranged for her tea to be ready, the pastries artfully arranged and her birthday card laying beside her plate and tea cup.

I quietly woke her up at 8am, as usual.....but she decided to sleep another 30 minutes. Soooo, the tea water quickly cooled down, and by 8:30 I had to reheat the tea kettle. She got up and was pleasantly surprised at all of the calories that I had arranged for breakfast!!!! HAHAH.....we NEVER have caloric pastries any more!!!!

Shortly after 8am, while she was still in bed, the lights dimmer and returned to their full brightness, but there was a LOUD explosion and then all was ok. The 1st Lady sent me to WalMart but upon arriving there were no cars.....all lights were out and the doors were closed. The entire town.....except our northern area, was without electricity!!!! And this lasted for four hours.......the last hour our lights also were gone! Soooo, back to WalMart I went....and then home and then to the grocery store again.....and to WalMart again....and by the end of the afternoon I HAD to make SEVEN trips to aquire the items the 1st Lady needed for "this and that" to take some appetizers to her sorority Christmas dinner which we attended this evening.
Needless to say......I became rather irritated at ALL of these various trips to purchase 2-3 items......EACH TIME!!!! Oh well........

During the morning, the 1st Lady received her dozen red roses which I had ordered for her earlier this week. They were beautiful and she was very appreciative!

We dressed and went out to one of the sorority member's homes outside of town.....and there were many people there for drinks, appetizers, dinner, and the annual gift exchange. It was a pleasant evening.....the group even presented the 1st Lady with a small bd cake and candles followed by the traditional "Happy Birthday" song!!

A busy day???? Yep....cause I didn't even mention above that we painted and installed baseboard around two of the walls in the sun room. The floor refinisher is returning on Monday morning at 7am to do the guest room where we have had everything stored for the past two months!!! UGH!!!!! NOW where do we move all of the "stuff"to?????????????????

And so, hopefully for the last time, we will move the "stuff" somewhere and then get everything returned to the rightful place after the floor is completed!!!!!!! Do you REALLY believe that????? hahaha....neither do I!!! But........so it goes......

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!! (Jo...thanks for the cake for the 1st Lady!)

No comments: