Tuesday, December 19, 2006

AHA.....I didn't get back yesterday to this blog of mine!!

AHHHH, just where was I yesterday??? Here in our stick/brick inhaling the stain all day and evening from the refinishing of the guest room floor. Every 30 minutes or so, we would open the doors and turn on the attic exhaust fan and bring some fresh air inside the house. BUT......are actions were limited and the odor was not pleasant which led to some head booming problems, but not serious.

Needless to say, I didn't get back on my blog during the evening. Soooooo, what did we do yesterday afternoon???? WORK.....WORK.....WORK.....on the house details. Still some baseboards to install in the sun room, and some touch-up painting to do out there. Then......WHEN we can get back into the guest room, we have soooooo much to put away in there.

This morning, the refinisher is back and buffing and putting on the horrific-smelling sealer and then finishing up some trim on the new flooring he did a couple of months ago. Sooooo, by the end of this morning, the floor job should be completed.

I am awaiting the arrival of the tile layer to do the grouting on the backsplash this morning......AND....AND.....a call from Lowe's in Farmington to inform me that the truck has arrived and that my SHOWER DOOR is on that truck!!!!!! HOPEFULLY....I WAIT!!!!!

Later today we hope to get back into the sun room to work......but not while all of these new "family members" (the work crews) have departed and we won't be stepping over them, or having them step over us!

This evening I have a school board meeting followed by the annual School Bd Christmas Dinner with spouses, administration, etc., etc attending. It will be a late evening.....and, we have to leave early in the morning to drive to Eldon to spend most of the day with my mother. She is showing more signs of slipping downward: memory, sleeping most of the time, etc., etc. We have to make some hard decisions....they are hard to make....about her welfare and care. What to do......what to do? I know everyone faces this at some time or another about a loved one.......but that still doesn't make it any easier for anyone, does it?!!

Soooo, hopefully I can fill in the rest of the day later this evening.......

But, if not.....Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: