Wednesday, December 13, 2006

ANOTHER day of not being retired!!!!

An hour of sipping Fr. Roast before the 1st Lady and I began another day of manual labor as we hurry.....HURRY...to get our tasks completed before next week and the Holiday traffice that always occurs in TheHowserHouse/stick and brick. I loaded the long bed of the truck to overflowing with cardboard and other recycleable goods and took them to the recycle center here in town this morning.......right after I finished my coffee.

The weather was already wonderful for the middle of December.........by this afternoon it reached the mid-60's!!! Returning home, I continued to put things away......shift a few items in the garage......and then helped the 1st Lady with some painting. She spent a great deal of the day in the kitchen/sun room......these two rooms are now ONE, since the removal of the wall between them. I found some needed "quarter-round" lengths and painted them OUTSIDE so that the fumes would not get to me.

Upon finishing them, I grabbed the lawn mower and began to attempt to finish mowing the leaves into mulch. They are still WET....very wet, after all of the rain we had a couple of days ago, but time is rushing by and with the warm, beautiful weather I mowed for a couple of hours. It was then time to listen to the first of my students lessons......and before long it was after 6pm.

The tile layer who is putting our granite backsplash on the walls arrived at 3pm and worked until he was finished....shortly after 6pm. All that remains is the grout which he will do on Monday.......and then our contracted jobs will be completed, except for the infamous shower door installation, when it arrives. We still have painting, baseboards, and window treatments to complete in the sun room portion of the room, plus I have some "hands on" work to do on my knees with scrubbing the ceramic tiles on the sun room floor. The light at the end of the long, long tunnel is getting sooooo BRIGHT that extra dark sun glasses are needed!!!!!!!!!

This evening.......well, we are both exhausted and I have a few aching muscles that have decided to punish ME as they scream out in pain. OK....I can take it.......knowing that this long ordeal is almost completed!!!!!!!

Tomorrow evening we go up to the Moser Estate......Meghan's Christmas program is being held tomorrow night. We will remain overnight there as the 1st Lady has a dental appt. in STL pertaining to her implants. Then we will remain in the city area as Saturday is the 1st Lady's 60th birthday and we are going to have dinner with Dr. Moser and family. I imagine we will remain at their Estate until Saturday and then return to TheHowserHouse.

Saturday evening we are going to the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority Christmas Party.......always a jovial event, to say the least. It appears to be a busy weekend with no time to get our many things done at the house. UGH!!!!!!!

I am watching a tellie show that I shouldn't be watching!!! It is about traveling in Italy.....and my mouth is salivating strongly!!!! It has been five years since I have been over there....and that is the longest period of time that has gone by since being there since I began going to Europe regularly.....back in 1980. I have been there 12 times.....and there is always more to see and do. Perhaps next fall........!!!!!!! Italy is my FAVORITE country!!!!!!!!!

And so.......with my muscles screaming, I believe I will close this little posting........

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: