Monday, December 11, 2006

OMG....what a hell of a day!!!!!

The alarm threw me out of bed at 6 this morning......and tried to sneak out of the bedroom and not wake the 1st Lady. The early morning passed quickly.....I had to lay out the plastic sheeting all over the hardwood floors.....it was raining this morning......and didn't want the crew to track in wet leaves, etc., etc all over the floors.

They arrived shortly after 7am.......and began to work as quickly as they good with the goal of finishing by this evening. Then the backsplash/tile layer arrived and he began to work on putting up the granite tiles on the backsplash. All during this time, I was needed for decisions.....STILL ON THIS LAST DAY.......and so I couldn't even get my Fr. Roast drained....the very first cup of the day!!!

Then the phone began ringing and for the next hour and a half I was attached to the black phone as I was trying to work out some issues with my oldest son's circumstances and events that have recently transpired that could be MUCH better. Decisions had to be made.....and ones that are not easy to make.

THEN......a mistake by one of the work crew resulted in the holes for the drawer pulls being drilled to closely together......so, I had to rush to STL to get smaller pulls for these three drawers......of which they did not have any and so in order to get them before we leave for Texas, I had to contact the Chicago store and have them ship them to our store in STL.......details, details, etc.

Then our tile layer said we would need three more tiles, so I had to pick them up while in the city. FINALLY heading south to F'town.....I encountered two wrecks at two different places that stopped traffic completely at each wreck.....and so I sat in the pouring rain while the cars were removed form the highway.....luckily I was not anywhere close to the accidents!

Then arriving home in the rain......the crew was attempting to move the fridge....and so I helped and then they finished up. Guess it is almost finished.....I have a couple of issues still that I need to have them fix.........

Pictures will be taken soon....and posted here. Just tooooooo tired to do it tonight......

THEN....just received a call that our good friends here in town....their daughter who was in Jeremy's class and last married a fellow from Turkey who works in Chicago where she lives ....anyway....she is having great difficulty with the pregnancy and was just told the baby will have to be taken SOON for the health/life of Danielle, the mother. Our friends had rushed to Chicago last night from here........Danielle and husband had just returned from several weeks in Turkey.........and she was rushed straight from the airplane by ambulance to the hospital!! The baby is not due until the first week in March!............

Soooo, this day has gone from bad to worse!!!!!! I was going to discuss my Christmas Humbug history......but, after the phone call, I'm not in any mood to do that.......perhaps later!!!

Life is Great, I suppose......and I hope it definitely is Great for all of you!!!!

No comments: