Wednesday, December 27, 2006

An ACTIVE day......

Yep.....TheHowserHouse FULL of Howser family!!!!! It was a late night last night as the little ones just couldn't give up playing with their new toys and games. Soooo, the morning today was also a late one as no one wanted to "rise and shine".

Where did the day go????? Well, it seemed to me that I was busy, busy, busy cleaning off the table and emptying the dishwasher and refilling it with MORE dirty dishes...........every few hours!!! I found myself at WalMart for only one trip today.....imagine that????!!!!!

Then we found out that the husband of one of the 1st Lady's sorority sisters had passed away Christmas morning......so, she prepared some food to take to the house, and then we attended visitation this evening at the local funeral home. We stood in line for an hour just to get to see his wife.......and when we left the line was still just as long as it was when we entered!!! TONS of people were there to pay their respects..........he was a man that was held in high regard by soooooo many people of this community and the surrounding area.

I did have a cool visit today from a student that had traveled to Europe with me in 2001.....and I had not seen him since. He graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee last year.....and has a very interesting career in television broadcasting, camera operation, and other details in the actual broadcasts of NFL games, etc., etc. Will Tinsley.......a great young man with a great future ahead of him!!!!!!

And sooooo, this very busy day.......this very active day...... comes to a close. My mom has now been "moved in" with my sister in her home.....and without any apparant disagreement as to leaving her home of over 50 years. She continues to slide downhill.......she fell yesterday morning and laid on the floor for an unknown amount of time ....until she received a phone call from my sister at the usual morning time. Think she was ready for assistance but didn't know how or even want to ask. Time will tell......she is just getting weaker and weaker. We have postponed our departure for our three month escape from old man winter..........will go to Eldon this weekend to check on things.

And sooooooo, I pass through another day.......and...

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: