Thursday, July 08, 2010

Wed/Thurs: July 7/8, 2010: OMG......RAIN, RAIN, Gloriaous RAIN!!!

Yep.......the bottom line???? I now have to begin to mow our yard once again. I can HEAR the grass growing with each passing rainstorm, of which there have been many over the past 30 hours or so!! And....these storms which have been passing over and around us are to continue for another 24 hours.

Yesterday....Wednesday....and, what the hell did I do???? Well.....another god-awful sign of old age reared it's ugly head yesterday.....SHIT!!!!! I totally......TOTALLY.....forgot to take the Buick into the city glass shop here in F'town for the 8:30AM appointment yesterday morning!!!!!!!!!!! I just cannot effing believe it!!!! I had cleared the appt with the insurance company, had made the appointment, and told them I would be early.......but, it was 7:15pm last night when the 1st Lady mentioned "didn't you have an appt. for the front window to be replaced today?" WHAT is happening to my memory.....hahaha!!!! The Evolution of the Sagging Hulk of Me!!!

Soooo, this morning I had the car at the shop by 8:20....and, apologized to the owner of the shop, the father of a former band student of mine.......and, he wasn't upset as they had been quite busy yesterday, so he told me. By 4pm this afternoon......I got the call to come pick it up. I paid my $50, as that is all I have to pay for window replacements.......and the ins. company then paid the rest...$838. and change. OUTRAGEOUS for the front window, especially one that I have replaced two other time in two years with glass cracks running across the entire thing from side to side!!!

Today.....after dropping it off at the shop, I walked home through the muggy humidity......and I realized quite quickly that I should have brought a butcher knife with me.....not because of the neighborhood that I walked through, but because the damn humidity was sooooo thick and heavy that it DID need to be sliced/cut with knife in order to get through it!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!

However, by early afternoon, the storms began to roll in, one after another, and the rains poured again...and again....and again....and just about 30 minutes ago, the umpteenth storm came through dropping lots of rain here.

I did make three other trips out and about in F'town....each errand having only one mission....and then I would return home.....and then the 1st Lady would remember something else that needed...."just has to be done today"......and off I would go to take care of her "much needed" tasks that had to be completed today!

Tonight.....we warmed over the Warsaw Burgers that I had fixed last night.....one of my very easy, but one of my favorite little ground beef meals. Ground beef, a can of cream of celery soup, some sour cream, onions, garlic, salt/pepper.....all browned and then the liquids added....and then two cans of those triangle rolled rolls in a tube.....and put the very warm meat mixture into each roll, wrap the dough around the meat and then bake them until the roll is golden brown. REALLY TASTY!!!!!! Love it!!!! Some fresh corn on the cob, a glass of my dark red medicine...hmmmm, believe it might have been 2 or 3 doses....and "supper" was complete.

Tomorrow.....need to get my 67 hairs on my head trimmed back a bit, check with the RV dealer up the road to see if I can store our Cedar Creek during the winter, as if we DO got to New Zealand in the spring, we will not go down to Texas for the three months of winter. New Zealand will not be a cheap trip, so we can probably save a few dollars by remaining in the sticknbrick all winter.....not "my cup of tea", but we do want to make this trip an extended trip.....one that will be 6-8 weeks in country, so the word "inexpensive" does not apply here.

And sooooo, the past two days have been her and are now gone......and as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: