Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jul 28, 2010: A NEW eye (lens)!!!!

Up at 5:45 AM......and in Cape Girardeau and in the Surgery Center by 8:15 for my 8:40 appointment. As always......they were running a bit late, but soon I was taken back "stage" into the inner sanctum of the Surgery Center. Given a gorgeous flowing "gown" to put on.....got to keep my pants on.....lovely blue paper sock covers, and matching blue paper hair cover, I was soon told to climb onto the bed and "relax"!!

Heated and warm blankets soon arrived and were spread over this sagging hulk of Me, then an IV line was inserted, oxygen tube into my nose, very burning eye drops into my eye, and blood pressure cuff on my arm.....and then they started putting a med through the IV into me. Well......time began to float by....and by about 45 minutes later....I felt myself floating down the hallway....kept wondering if I was actually floating or on the rolling bed???!!!! Opened my eyes but the hallway ceiling lights were WAAAAAYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOO bright to see anything.....ahhh, guess the dilation drops had done their job!!! Someone said.....we'll start the sleep IV.....and I was gone!!!!

Next thing......the nurse was calling my name...and I was awake......only about 15 minutes had gone by since I left my little cubicle of a room. The Dr. came by, said everything went very well, and then they brought the 1st Lady back "stage" and after she assisted me with my shoes, she got the car, I was assisted down the hallway to the doors to where she was with the car.....and he helped me inside. Wobbly and weak, I was...I was!!!!

We went to Panera Bread for lunch and finally..........DARK ROAST COFFEE!!!!!!!! Sooooo good to get the coffee circulating through my body!!!!! Homeward we went........and, when we got back to the sticknbrick, I laid down on the sofa and fell asleep.

Still a bit weak, I am doing this early in the evening because nothing will change between now and then. I can already see sooooo much better: close my bad eye and look outside and everything is really good and clear already........close my good eye and OMG, it is all soooo fuzzy and not clear!! I can't wait to get that new lens inserted into the bad eye now!!!!!!!

Back to Cape G in the morning for an 8:30 post-op appointment, hoping he will lift the restriction on bending over.........and then say I can remove these stylish dark glasses which are HUGE and sooooo damn ugly!!!!

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: