Friday, July 30, 2010

Fri, Jul 30, 2010: Yep......still alive and seeing more...AND, BETTER!

Yesterday......well, it was just a day of not doing too damn much for this sagging hulk of Me, who is trying to adjust to seeing what is way off in the distance.....WITHOUT glasses!!! The 1st Lady drove me to Cape G. yesterday morning for my 8:30AM post-op examination......and the great thing about that was that I could sip my hot Fr. Roast coffee all the way down there!

I got right in to see the Dr. who did the removal of the cataract and the implant of the new lens in my right eye. He said everything looked just fine, but to "not push it" with activity and to keep with the three kinds of drops that I had been given on Monday. The 1st Lady and I then went to Panera Bread for a mid-morning pastry and coffee/tea before we did a bit of shopping.

We went to Sears and to Lowe's to see about the self-propelled lawn mowers that they had in stock. I THINK I found one at Sears that meets MY specs.....not the glasses "specs"......as to having many settings for height adjustments, big wheels on the rear, and a good engine with a 22" cut. Sooo, as soon as I am allowed to lift anything more than a gallon of milk....dr.s' orders....I will box up the mower we got earlier this week and return it, as well as purchase this mower that I found. About the same price as the one we purchased......but with the things on it that I want!

She drove back to F'town.......as I am unbalanced with my vision since the glasses I have do not work with the new eye......haha, sounds bionic, doesn't it?.......and I can't focus on the up-close things like the speedometer, dash controls, etc, but OMG.....can I ever, ever see clearly at a distance!!!!! WOW.....what an amazing change!!!! I never have to wear glasses to watch TV now, but to read/do work on the laptop....yes, I will need reading glasses for those things. Not a problem.......I CAN handle that!!!!

The rest of the day, I just laid around, still not bending over nor lifting anything with much weight to it. Watched some tv, dozed a bit.....sure as hell did not sleep comfortably with that damn plastic eye shield which I must wear for five nights.......just kept waking up as I would in my sleep, lay my head on the right cheek...and the damn thing would push against my thick, ugly nose and wake me up!! Last night.........tv was the order of the evening!!!

This morning, the 1st Lady went to go see Mike......and I remained at home this time. Have just laid around......still seeing some flashes on the right side of the eye when in the sun, but also see some kind of a "shadow?" on outline on the right side.....not sure, it could be my eyelid that is drooping a bit???? When I carefully push on the eyelid, that "shadow" goes away, so that is why I think it MIGHT be that.......???

Darrel and Dr. Jeni and kids will be here for the weekend, arriving sometime tonight. He WAS coming to race here in F'town, however in the past hour we have had probably 2" of rain....perhaps more, which cause a Flash Flood WARNING to be issued for F'town for this evening, so he won't be racing tonight.

We are going to celebrate Max's 2nd birthday on Sunday so it will be a busy and frantic time here in the sticknbrick with all the kids enjoying being here.

On Thursday of this coming week, I do have another eye Dr's appt, just a different person who will be checking the pressure in my eye....?? Not sure about that but I'll be there! Sure anxious to get the second surgery over with so I can begin to live a "normal" life again....instead of these restrictions placed on my activities!!!! Even with those things halted........as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: