Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wed. July 21, 2010: WOW....how much busier can it be....???

Up this morning and the Fr Roast coffee done, but before I could really get going, things began to pop around here with messages on Facebook, text messages, phone calls......and all pertaining to the upcoming Howser Music Fest!!!

And......I found myself spending the entire day and up until just a few minutes ago working on the plans for this weekend. At one time, I was making phone calls, and receiving text messages, and messages on FB ALL at the same time, and then while on the phone, another call was arriving. Yep......multi-tasking at it's peak today.....and right now my mind is mush!!!!

Much time was spent in obtaining percussion equipment for the band/concert as we did not really want to have to transport the big stuff across the state....and soooo, eventually I located some percussion from the Lake Ozark Orchestra's inventory......the Orchestra which I helped to originate and was the first conductor of this group back in the mid 1980's. But....it took many phone calls to find just the right person who had the authority to let me borrow their equipment for the weekend. I don't have it yet, but the plans are in place for them to bring me everything on Friday and deliver it to the hotel!

And soooo, hopefully things that I needed to do are just about done. I have emailed a list of instruments which we are borrowing from a school in STL whose band director is a former student of mine....and he will bring them to the Lake on Friday. The music is all ready to be brought by two other band directors who were students of mine and who are now teaching in a public school in Illinois and in a community college here in MO. Sooooo.......now we will soon see who will be attending........

Tired, but feeling better about this weekend with some of the problems now solved ( I think) and sooo, as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: