Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wed, Jul 14, 2010: A busy two days....

OK....I was alive yesterday when I awoke......YEAH!!!!! And....the day progressed as I got up at 6AM...yep, that's right.....6 in the morning and was on the ladder quickly before the sun even came up over the eastern trees across the street. And.....in about 3 hours, I had washed the RV.....all four sides and it looked pretty good. Later in the morning I slipped out and washed all of the windows on the outside as the drips from the roof had really left their marks.

During the VERY hot afternoon, I mostly remained inside....but, I did get out and move a few things into the basement of the RV.....straighten up the inside as I could turn on the a/c from my 30 amp plug-in on the outside of the garage. Made a couple of trips to Walmart....and then after supper, I spent two hours getting really wet as I began to finish the job of mowing the lawn. I got most of it done, but I wore out, the sun set, and I didn't feel like holding a flash light in my hand as I pushed the mower around the lawn.

Today........I continued to load the RV with the needed items for this 6 day trip to Hannibal, MO for the Midwest Cedar Creek RV Owners Club rally. I am NOT too happy at this point with the campground that was selected......very, very weak Wifi, if any at all, no swimming pool so I hear, and no air conditioned rooms or pavilions for our gatherings. Now...I could be eating these words, but from what I read on the website these things are missing!! NOT what needs to be missing with temps in the upper 90's and the heat index at 105-110!!!!

I met with Michael Goldsmith this afternoon to finalize the plans for the Howser Music Fest which is at the end of next week. We made several phone calls to various people to obtain some ideas and to ask for some assistance. But...I think everything is going to be just super.......as the numbers are growing with each passing day.

After supper again this evening, I finished mowing the lawn......and THAT really makes me happy!!!! It was sooooooooooo damn hot and humid this evening.......whew!!! When will this weather crap here in Misery ever end?????

OK....you get the picture: I am heading into a cyberspace void from all indications. I WILL get into a McDonald's about every other day to try to post some info about our activities and some pics if the wifi is strong enough so that it won't take me an hour for one pic!!!!!

And soooo, the rat race for the next few weeks begins tomorrow morning!!!! Two days after we return to the sticknbrick next week, we are off again for the Howser Music Fest at the Lake of the Ozarks. Then the morning after that is completed....Monday, the 26th, I have to be in Cape G. for my pre-op with the doctor and then also at the Surgery Center with the surgery on my right eye will be done. Then on the 28th.....back in Cape for the cataract removal....and then next day, back to Cape for a 24 hour checkup. Whew.........going to be go, go, go.....for a period of time coming up!!!

But....as always.........(even in the miserable heat/humidity).......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......and, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: