Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, July 12, 2010: WHEW.....I REALLY overdid it this morning in the hot sun!!!!

NOT a choice I should have made........

Up at 6:30....had some Fr. Roast and then around 8am, I fixed some ciabatta toast with blueberry jam.....knowing that I had some intense physical work this morning outside that HAD to get done.
We are leaving on Thursday morning for Hannibal, MO with the RV to attend a Cedar Creek RV rally for 6 days. Soooo, I NEED to the Cedar Creek 5er cleaned up....as I have not cleaned it on the outside since we returned from Texas. .......and the roof, white "rubber", still has ash markings on it from the burning of the sugar cane in the RGV.

Getting the ladder out, the hose connected, the proper cleaning liquids, sponges, brush, etc., etc. and then getting all of the cleaning things transported up the ladder to the top of the 12 foot high RV took a few minutes. I was happy that it was cloudy which would make this unpleasant task a bit better without the hot sun beating down on top of that room, making it very hot to work on. Well......as I do not have a stiff enough push brush, I usually do this on my hands and knees, scrubbing every square inch of the roof by hand.

And, I was going along quite nicely, when all of a sudden the clouds parted, moved away....and the damnable hot sun began beating down upon me and the roof. OK......I started taking more breaks, getting into the garage for a bottle of water, and then returning to the roof. Finally, after 3 hours 45 minutes, I finished it!!! However, I was really feeling weak by the time I climbed down that ladder for the last time. I rinsed off of the sides, but it was already too late as the sun had dried that dirty water on the sides of the RV........more work for me to come....eh???

Went into the garage, leaned down to put something away....and I felt really dizzy....then my hearing in the right ear went away.....and I slowly raised up, but by then I suppose my pupils had dilated because I couldn't stand to look out of the double door on the garage....I couldn't see for the really intense brightness. Then I began to feel faint.....sooo, laid down on the cooler floor of the garage....and after a few minutes, I manage to crawl over to the back door of the garage where there was a tiny cool breeze blowing from the west into the garage through that doorway.

I sat there with water in my hand, sipping a bit at a time....and waiting for my hearing and vision to return to normal. Well........it took at least 15 minutes, if not longer.....and then I managed to get inside the sticknbrick.....and laid down on the cool tile floor in the patio room for about 15 minutes. Then.......I managed to get into the shower and stood there for quite some time.....the 1st Lady checking on me regularly. Afterward the shower I just laid down for about an hour.......totally weak, shaky, and a headache beginning to come on like a tidal wave.

For the rest of the afternoon, I just remained in a horizontal position most of the time......totally exhausted, sipping water, and just doing absolutely nothing. I had earlier had a message from some students in Eldon who were in the Park Hills area and thought we might get together, but I knew that I had to get that 5er washed.....which, of course, I didn't get done, totally!

And soooo,.........I am STILL a bit weak and with an intense headache. I suppose it was just heat exhaustion.....the first step before a full blown heat stroke. Just glad I managed to finish and get out of that sun and horrific humidity when I did!!!!! I might have come sliding off of the top of the RV completed passed out......and with more damages being done by sliding off of the roof.....DAMN!!!! THAT was close....wasn't it??? The strangest thing was was that my eyes were dilated so much that I could not bear to open them to the outside light......worse than being in the Dr.'s office 10 days ago!!!!!

Severe thunderstorms and HEAVY, HEAVY rain this evening has produced flash flood warnings here for F'town.......roads flooded and all streams out of their banks, from what I hear on the news. Hopefully, in the morning it will not be raining and I can get outside and work on the RV BEFORE the sun comes up or through the clouds again. I will pay more attention to my aging, evolving body and the warning signs it is giving me.........things were a bit to dicey for me today!!!! And soooo, I am off to put myself into a horizontal position for the night.....but, as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: