Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thur, Jul 22, 2010: Another busy one....with sad news.

Yep....today was no different than yesterday....the day just flew by with tying up loose ends for the Howser Music Fest which begins tomorrow evening. More of my students are planning to be there....and many are on their way as I type. Such a great time it will be!!!!

With that excitement looming, I was working on the laptop and I was stopped with a chat line opening up to my pc, informing me from a former student that one of band students had died this afternoon quite suddenly........a stunning piece of news and one that has saddened me, especially as I approach this weekend.

I had just this week talked with Tracy Carroll....maiden name....who was in the Class of '84 from Eldon. The last time I saw her a year or two ago, she was wearing an oxygen tank in the grocery store. I just do not recall her exact problem, sorry to say. But.....this was sudden as she was planning to attend the reunion this weekend! She was a clarinetist in my bands from her 6th grade year until she graduated from High School. One summer she and three others went with me on a 5 week trip through Europe......and we had such great fun. She was always such a positive girl, always fun to be with in all situations. She will certainly be missed, of course....and I will have a more difficult time getting through the concert Saturday evening with her passing fresh in my mind.....knowing that she would have been sitting in the audience.

And, even with this upsetting news.......I still, as always, believe that........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: