Friday, July 02, 2010

Friday, July 2, 2010: Plans made....Plans changed!

OK.....up and finished with the morning rituals by 6:45AM today....time for a cup of that dark Fr. Roast coffee as I read the NYTimes....and then it was out the door, another cup of coffee in my travel cup, and in Cape G. by 8:30, sitting in the parking lot of the Eye Consultants large offices.

At 9AM....I was called right on time to begin the eye exams.....and they were THOROUGH!!!!! GREAT....that is just the way I was hoping they would be. This place WAS busy.....tons of people sitting in the waiting/reception room, which was quite large. In fact, there were even two friends from here in F'town sitting there....!

Long story made short......when I had finished with all of the exams, the asst......I suppose that was his title.......commented that I definitely have a problem with my eyes. Well.....think I knew that or I sure as hell would have not been sitting there...haha!! The Dr. then came in...and did some more looking around inside my eye......and when he finished, he said....that I needed to get those cataracts removed as they were both getting pretty bad. Soooo.......I have one surgery scheduled for Wed. July 28.....and then next one for Aug 11.

He explained the procedure and that it only takes about 15 minutes......etc, etc.....and, he answered all of my questions really well with tons of explanations, not that I can remember them all...but, at least he was thorough in his answers. Soooo......

Our plans have been made for these surgeries.....and our plans for the months of August and September have now been changed. I am hoping that we can go on out to Wyoming about the 1st of September for a month.....hoping!!!!!! I did call our friends out there....Mac and Gail.....to tell them things have changed for our arrival...that we will not be there for their 50th wedding celebration on the 30th of July. And.......they asked if I wanted to rent our site for 9 days to another RV the end of this month.....and I said that sounded great to me!!! THAT is what we can do if we are not there.......and I am glad we can pick up a few dollars since the lot is vacant anyway!!!!

After leaving the Dr's offices....I went to Starbucks to try to regain my normal(???) vision....since my eyes had been dilated as well as other burning drops put into them for the exam purposes. Soooo, I sat there an nursed a Grande Cappuccino "on the dry side" as my vision VERY slowly returned....somewhat.

From there I went to Shivelbine's Music to check on renting/purchasing a cello for Rachel. She is wanting to be in the Orchestra in the Cape Girardeau school district....and they begin that journey in the 7th grade, so she will need to get a cello!!!

From there, back to the mall.....a bit of shopping, or should I say...looking....and then went to Lowe's to look at bathroom fixtures, vanities, etc, as well as getting some more Petunias for the back patio, since we will be here all summer....ugh!!! However......I am sooooo damn glad that my eyes should be much better after all of these procedures and recovery times!!!!! Can't wiat, honestly!!!! And.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: