Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tue, July 27, 2010: Another short post.....

The day has been busy as we have been needing a new lawn mower.....very much so! So, the 1st Lady picked one from online which are sold at Lowe's. Late afternoon found us dashing up to Farmington, buying it, and returning to the sticknbrick. This one is self-propelled,.....so this evening I mowed most of the yard. Much faster, of course.....however.......the rear wheels are not the large one which makes turning sooooo damn much easier, it does not mulch nearly as well as our old one, and there are not enough settings for height adjustment.....only 5 pegs, with no way to do just a half adjustment from one peg to the next.

Am I happy with it......well, not really. In fact, after I get through with the next few days of restrictions, I will probably clean it up and return it to Lowe's. For $322, I want it to do the necessary things.....and the only thing that is better than our old one is the fact that it is self-propelled!!!!!

Soooo, the 1st Lady told me that it is my turn to pick out one.....think she is a bit upset because I don't like it, but.......I am the one who mows the lawn......except for the next four weeks.

Tomorrow, I will have the cataract on my right eye removed and a new lens put in. Yesterday the Dr. told me no bending over for a week, no lifting of more than 10 pounds for a week, etc., etc.......and so, after that week I only will have one week before the left eye is done!!! And, then the same restrictions will apply. Sooooooo....a bit of a slow down for myself.....eh???

More pictures have been posted on FB, using the same Travis Duncan - Howser Music Fest - 2.....most of the concert, and sorry to say, tons of pics of me conducting. He does have a couple of mutiple images of me, layered over each other......rather cool, I must say!!!

And soooo, as always......until I return tomorrow afternoon.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: