Thursday, April 08, 2010

Wed/Thurs, April 7-8, 2010: Hmmmm......no excuse......

Yesterday.........some rain, a few small storms......and a good day to get some research done online. I got some cash from the 1st Lady for Christmas....and it was designated that I get some headphones to listen to my iPhone and other music....since she doesn't like the kinds of music I would like to spend some time hearing. Sooooo, I am about ready to purchase some Bose headphones.....the noise-canceling kind so I can use them while flying, as well as at home.



The afternoon was spent waiting for the approaching line of storms.....and I must say I am abit gun shy of them now, since we had that inland hurricane last May 8th which did soooooooo much damage to our home, my truck, and some to the RV, not to mention losing all of our main trees.....eight to be exact within the yard. Soooo, .....yep...I DO keep my eyes on the radar any more after that horrific storm!!!



A bit after 5pm Michael Goldsmith arrived......and it was soooo great to see him. We had many things to discuss, as well as catch up on just each other family's "goings and comings"!!! He remained for some tortilla soup and as we ate, he tried to assist me with the ongoing problem about no access into the early parts of each month on my archives. We have come to the conclusion that I have more posts and pictures on my blog than Blogspot will hold/allow.

Sooooo, we began to discuss moving this blog....and hopefully being able to export it to another site.....perhaps WordPress. And soooo.......that is a possibility. Fear Not!!!!! I will make my last post on here.....IF I make the change......to the new address for TheHowserHouse. As I said....it was sooooo great to spend some time with Michael.....we have been friends for decades, since he was a band student of mine in Eldon, MO where I taught until 1987......soooo, we have never lost contact with each other, and it made it easier when he accepted the position of my associate band director back in 1999. And....he has been here ever since!! YEAH!!!

Today.......I spent most of the day online....and ALL of this afternoon doing my/our income taxes. I always use TurboTax......and it is very good to me each year. Our taxes are not particularly complicated, even though we have property in two states as well as a small farm income from rent acreage in NE Missouri. It took me about 4-5 hours as the 1st Lady had compiled most of the information that I would need.......medical figures/trips/clinics/drugs/etc. And, all of the remaing necessary paperwork and forms were in a file ready to be transferred to the software as answers to their many questions. And, by about 5:30.....VOILA!!!!!......they are done and we are getting a nice sized refund from both the Feds and the State.

This evening the 1st Lady returns to her regular sorority meeting.......she has not been in town since December for any meetings, so I know she is ready to see her friends who will be there. Always a bit of chattering at these meetings........

We did get invited to a square dance about 80 miles from here by some other dancers whom we met in the RGV this winter. Soooooo, we are excited and plan to drive down there for this dance......the 28th Anniversary of this particular square dance club in Puxico, MO. We probably have forgotten all we knew and learned this winter.....haven't danced since the last week of February....UGH!!!!!

Tomorrow.........who knows???? Who cares???? It is another day of Rebirth!!!! Got to thinking about that today.....and next month it will be 9 years since I retired!!!!! OMG....how fast...how quickly the time goes by!!!!! Just difficult to believe it has been that damn long!!!!!

OK.....I need to do some more checking on flights to Edmonton for next month. Been waiting for prices to...PERHAPS.....drop...HA! Of course they won't since we have our dates set...well, we could alter the departure and return days a bit.....but, things just work better for us with the dates we have set for ourselves.

Two good days.......and the weather should get better after tonight when it is predicted that we will receive a strong frost.....BURRRRR.....down in the low 30's. I did set the furnace in the RV to come on about 40-45 degrees as there are liquids in many places inside and I do not want anything to freeze, neither do I want to have to winterize it again for just a night now and then during this month.

I'll keep you posted on the possible change of the address for this little blog of mine.....and....with that you should realize that.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: