Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tues, Apr 6, 2010: Winds blowing like in the RGV!!!!

WOW.....another beautiful day: temps in the upper 70's, blue sky(now and then), but most of all the winds were really whipping things around here in SE Missouri. They began about mid-morning and intensified.......until they made keeping my shortened 67 hairs on my head laying down quite a chore for this sagging hulk of Me. Oh well........no one really cares about my standing hairs up there, do they???

I did a bit of mowing this morning for about 30 minutes.......ONLY because the 1st Lady wanted to put some type of killing substance on this one area of the lawn.......an area that is entirely without weeds or wildflowers....just really nice thick grass. Sooooo, this substance....whatever she has concocted (with her chemistry and biology majors while in college), it needed to be applied to short grass. Sooooo, out I go, finally get the mower going again after months of inactivity, and then I swiftly mowed this area of the lawn. And......she sprayed this killing substance all over it......hope it kills what she is attacking and NOT the grass!!!! Time will tell!

Soon after that we were on our way to Cape Girardeau, as early this morning she called and made appointments for her and I to have our aging eyes examined at the local LensCrafters there. And.....that we did!! We both need a change in glasses......the last time was prior to our trip over to Egypt and to Jordan, so that was in......2007..July. We both were told we need a change......and I also learned what I have been suspecting I would hear......that I have a cataract growing over my right eye.....however, "it is not large enough to worry about right now".....so the Dr. told me. I have noticed at least once a day that things get a bit foggy/hazy at unspecified times during the day.....and then a bit later, it clears up. Well.......it appears I guessed correctly!!!

A brief bit of shopping and then about 30-45 minutes of a visit with Becky and Rachel at their home there in Cape. And.......I picked up a grande cappuccino at Starbucks and we were on our way back to F'town.

The evening.....well, tonight is American Idol.....and we are both enjoying this year's program, however, I do not.....my own personal, experienced opinion......I do not think the talent is as deep with the contestants this year as in some of the previous years. However, experience is helping all of them as I can see progress and improvement in all of them as each goes by.

Tomorrow.......who the hell knows????!!!!! And.....who the hell cares????? Another day in my rebirth......and we will see where it takes me/us.

LIFE IS REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: