Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday, April 12, 2010: The UMPTEENTH beautiful day.......

Yep......this day was another one that was fabulous!!!!! I could hardly remain inside the sticknbrick from time to time.......I just wanted to be outside in the gorgeous sunshine and under that bright blue sky. The temps hovered around 80 degrees all afternoon........WOW!!!!

This morning I did spend most of my time in the yard.......trimming back the last bunch of ornamental grass that I had not done as yet. This was the largest around.....and I spent about an hour on it.......even using the electrical shrub trimmer........and then the mess that it creates had to be raked several times and then taken by wheel barrow to the rear of the yard so that I can burn it when the time is right.

And....speaking of burning........I have heard nothing new about the fire which burned the Middle School here in town on Saturday night/Sunday morning. The news on the tellie a few minutes ago did mention that the State Fire Marshall had not been able to enter the building due to concern about the integrity of the structure. On the other hand.....I read in the paper from Farmington....just north of here....that the State Fire Marshall had already visited the building. Soooooo, as in everything else that the media reports on.......just WHO do you believe??????

According to the "news", no one has been charged with arson even though there are still those two juveniles in the detention center for minors.....still being held. Who knows????? I suppose it will all come out in the near future........I don't think they can continue to hold them for an indefinite time without making some formal charges......or, can they??????

This afternoon......a great, lazy afternoon and I spent the majority of it out on the patio, under the large umbrella, reading a novel that I have become interested in finishing. Of course.....I did take a small power nap in that great chair on the patio.....with the soft breezes blowing and the multitudes of birds chirping.......a great way to spend a retired afternoon.....eh???

Tomorrow.........more of the same. And......as always.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: