Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday, April 19, 2010: DAMN tired of internet problems here....

WOW.....this has been the longest time since I have been online LONG enough to get a post written.....and hopefully, I will get this posted!!!! My erratic internet continues, so not sure if I can get this posted....with each sentence written I am going to save it...haha!!!! I have had an internet tech guy here from AT&T Thursday, Friday, Sat, and today.....and still it goes on and off at will, if only for a few seconds. BUT......that just interrupts what I am doing and it is lost unless I do it all over again....and, by that time it goes off again, and all is lost.

After he was here this afternoon....it seemed....SEEMED being the key word here....to be working ok. But....an hour later, it began doing that off and on...off and on...sequence which it goes through. Not being off for more than 10-15 seconds....then it is back on. I am wondering if it is the modem.......?????? Well, he will back tomorrow.....

Saturday......just sat around waiting for him to return.....which he did to no avail!!! He worked on some different things....and thought it was fixed. WRONG

Sunday: I spent the day in the yard, mowing, weeding, moving some items, trimming a few bushes.....and cursing the internet connection each time I was online. By Sunday evening...last night....it was barely working. Soooooo..........

Monday: Today I called him early in the morning......and he arrived about 2:30pm. He did some checking with the outside connection lines and found one that was "loose". Soooo, he repaired that one.....tested things...and they worked......................for an hour!! After he left it only took one hour before it started going off and on.....off and on. Sooooo, back on the phone....and he will return tomorrow....DAMN!!!!! All of this shit has been the result of canceling our landline phones within the sticknbrick......because every since they did that, it has been giving me all of this trouble.

The once positive thing that happened to me today: my phone rang..."Mr. Howser?" a man's voice asked.......and then he identified himself.....OH MY GOD!!!!! It was a former student of mine from the very first school where I began my teaching career...in Linn, Missouri. A young man....(at that time)......who now is a grandfather, but still resides just outside of Linn. He was a trumpet player for me and was finishing his sophomore year when I left Linn for Eldon, MO. And.....I have not talked to him since 1974....36 years ago!!!!!!! We talked families, jobs, other students who were in band at that time, etc., etc..... And, he wanted to know more about the reunion in July!!!!!! Johnny Fowler.....if you read this.....it was sooooo wonderful to hear from you again......it just made my day 110%!!!!!

LIFE IS OFTEN SURPRISING, BUT LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.........And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: