Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tue/Wed: April 20-21, 2010: A Time Out.......(fore me)

OMG.....what a gorgeous day it was yesterday.......just a real WOW day!!!!!!! And, let me tell you.......right from the "git go", I decided that I was going to take advantage of every minute of it. These "perfect" days just don't happen very often........I had most of my weekly chores completed, I had a great novel to finish reading, I had a patio that was just beckoning for me sit and enjoy it........and, sooooo....I took a time out....and did about as next to nothing as I have done for a LONG, LONG time!!!!!!!

The coffee was dark, rich, robust, and deeply roasted.....and so, I simply enjoyed it on the patio during the morning......listening to the sounds of the neighborhood, as well as the songs of the many various birds that stopped by for a quick snack while they were performing their repertoire for me. The main disturbing sounds that penetrated were the many dump trucks that roared around our corner on their way to the construction of the bypass about a half mile or less north of us.....UGH!!!!! Will they ever finish this job????

During the afternoon.....I had graduated from French Roast coffee.....to a bit of my infamous "dark red medicine".....along with some lime chips and guacamole dip....when around the corner came this familiar face......a visitor to my patio. Dennis Bess dropped by to chat, as he had seen me sitting there as he drove by......soooooo, it had been such a long, long time since we had visited that we never ever came to a period. He and I had served on the local Board of Education together....and as I did not run for another three year term due to the fact that we are gone soooooo much from this community, I never run into him any more. He is now the Bd. President......and, with the recent devastating fire at the Middle School, we had much to talk about!!!!!!! It was soooooo wonderful to see him and to spend some realy quality time together.......Thanks for stopping by Dennis....and we must get together more often!!!!

The evening went by in a flurry of shows on the tellie.....especially American Idol. There are still 2 or 3 who need to be removed....voted off...and I believe it will all fall in place when that happens..........

TODAY/Wed...........I woke up with one of those morning headaches....and it stayed around with me all morning and into the early afternoon. I did clean the bathrooms, did the floors, cleaned the kitchen and wiped the prints/marks off of the granite counter tops, and just generally got ready to for the 1st Lady to return to the sticknbrick. She arrived about 4pm......and I was deep into my iPod music/Pandora Station using my new Bose headphones......WOW!!!! THEY ARE JUST INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! Worth every penny of that $300 price tag!!!!!!!!!!

When the 1st Lady arrived, we had much to discuss.......her Mother's health, the items she tended to at her home in Monroe City, and a quick trip around the lawn and garden areas to check on the herbs that I had planted and look at the flowers and azalea bushes that are beginning to come to full bloom. Then.....she was off to Farmington to mee with her former teacher friends....for their monthly get together for dinner and drinks. Of course, this is the first time she has been around here since December, so sure they have much to catch up on!!!!!

I watched "Idol" and I think the one who was voted off needed to go.....just a matter of when that time would come....and it came tonight. It was a good program/show tonight, even thought I thought that some of the music....well, some of the groups just didn't do anything for me....hmmmm,.....more show with lights and colors than music....my own personal opinion.!!!

Rains are predicted....and we sure do need the rain!!!!!! Hopefully it will be a gentle rain for a couple of days and not the usual Misery gully-washers!!!!!! It is only a month until we fly up to Edmonton, Alberta.......and the 1st Lady and I MUST get the rest of our travel plans made for later in the fall. IF we are going to go overseas this fall, then we must begin to get these plans completed and reservations locked in!!! Sooooo......tomorrow....maybe????? And........as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: