Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wed, April 28, 2010: THANKS, to all who commented!!

Well, there were seveal comments made...and the are all published on here at the bottom of last night's posting. There were MANY others which came by email....and even a few phone calls! THANKS soooo much!!!! Your thoughts, your requests to continue writing, your appreciation remarks for the last five years which many of you have followed since I began..........ALL of you that responded.......this sagging hulk of Me really does appreciate all of you!!!!

Sooooooo............this morning I was up and had finished the morning rituals by 7:15.....as my good friend, Michael Goldsmith, was to arrive for coffee around 8am. As several of you may know....others probably not....he is "Michael-In-Charge" of the former student reunion.....the Howser Music Fest. We did have many things to discuss about this event......and we made plans for a conference call for later this week/weekend with the entire planning committee. And.....Michael and I had some great discussions on other topics....as we normally do. Got to thinking about this........especially after I saw a picture of him during his early years in HS.....and,.....we have been "talking" about things since he first began beginning band back in his 6th grade.....for 30 years, if I calculated everything correctly!!!!! WOW.....we go back further than I had realized....haha!!!!

He couldn't remain and drink all of the second pot of coffee, like we normally do when he is here, as he had a class to teach at 11am at Mineral Area College, where he is part of the musicl faculty! But......as always......it was great to be able to spend a bit of time together....again!

This afternoon........I just puttered around the yard a bit. Gorgeous, gorgeous day......and one that you do not want to spend inside a sticknbrick....and, so I didn't. I began to burn some of my cuttings from the fountain grasses and other ornamental grasses in the yard.........SSSSSHHHHHH, don't tell anyone(that includes you in the City Hall who read this...OK?) However, after the top layer was gone......all the rest was still very wet, sooooo.......later(ssshhh).

I did a bit of trimming of some grass along the edges......our primitive WeedEater is out of string...and, I cannot find any replacement spools here at any of the local hardward/box stores in town. Soooo, that will be taken care of while we are away for the next four days!!! I will find it.....(I think)!

By 4pm......I KNEW that at least on the east coast it was 5 o'clock...within the boundaries of our great country, so.......I enjoyed a really nice wine.......a Cab from Bodega..a Norton.....in Argentina. It is a 2006 and I found several on sale somewhere this winter, so I uncorked it yesterday and, yes.....it is really very good.....and since I have one of those oxygen sucking pumps, I can put in the rubber stopper, suck out the air....and it does last without losing it's ummph quickly. And...that is what I have done........after a couple of doses late this afternoon!!!!
Some of those incredible Tostito Lime Chips with some great Mexican salsa that can be found in the Latin section of most groceries.....and the afternoon drifted away smoothly with a bit of finesse!!!

This evening, after several thin slices of turkey breast encased in a fresh pita pocket,....a really good way to enjoy some deli meats.......the 1st Lady and I watched last night's "Dancing With The Stars" to see who was voted out.....the correct couple by all means.....and then we enjoyed "American Idol", but both of us were upset at who was voted out overnight. Firmly believe she was the wrong person to send home.....!!!

I have been able to get to my pictures on this blog which I took while at the Inauguration of Pres. Obama.....and so, I am in the rather time-consuming process of capturing them online and then transferring them to My Pictures, which I will later put on a CD and, also, into my external hard drive for safekeeping....I HOPE!!!!! Still working on the Archival problems....and think the only possibility might be to export the entire blog to another hosting site!!! BUT.....I will need my cyberspace/computer guru for assistance with this set-up......the one and only Michael Goldsmith!

Tomorrow....we are off to Washington, MO to visit Dr. Jeni, Darrel and grandkids. Meghan has her spring music program tomorrow night....and so we will be there, of course. We will help Ava celebrate her 5th birthday on Saturday at a party in STL....and then return to the sticknbrick on Sunday. All of May is pretty well scheduled....UGH!!!!!!!! But....we will also be flying to Edmonton, Alberta the last week of May....and I'm terribly excited about this upcoming trip to Canada......or, did I already mention that???? HAHA!!!

THANKS again for the comments, emails, and phone calls....and anyone else who wishes to share your opinions about what I wrote about last night, please,....PLEASE...let me know!!!

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you.....ALL of you, also!!!!!

No comments: