Friday, April 09, 2010

Fri, April 9, 2010: WOW....If only EVERYDAY could be like this one!!!!!

WHAT absolutely gorgeous weather today......once the heavy frost had disappeared along with the 35 degree temps left over this morning from the very cool night. Not a cloud in the sky most of the day, no wind, bright sunshine.........temps might have reached 70, and as close to perfect as possible!

After the morning rituals, a long morning coffee time.....I went outside around 10:30, got out the lawn mower.....and spent until almost 3pm working on the lawn, getting it back into some kind of presentable shape. At least......it is now all the same height.....weeds and all!!! And, speaking of the lawn.......

I was sooooooo ecstatic.........when we spent part of the day in March on our bikes in the World Bird Sanctuary right along the Rio Grande River.......I found a good place to leave a little request note to all of the birds that were planning to head north for the summer season. Soooo, I just printed out my request to please transplant some of the "yellow roses of Texas" to my lawn in southeast Missouri. And..........THEY DID!!!!!!! My yard is full of those little yellow roses, as my drill sgt. in the USAF Basic Training used to call them when we had to haul our asses outside in the god-awful heat in Texas and pull up those little "roses"........dandelions! They somehow made the trip successfully and are now firmly transplanted and growing profusely all through my yard!!!!!!!!!!! WOW.......I will have to repay those little birds when I return to Texas the next time!!!!!!!

About 4:30pm......we went out to the Hanner House for Happy Hour(s).....and, eventually a lovely dinner. Also there was Jim Harryman who used to live across the street from us before he moved to another nearby community to continue his career in education. Very good to see him.......and we had many laughs and discussions about the wonderful wedding weekend in Mobile last month. They were all three there for the wedding and this gave all of us the opportunity, over margaritas and wine and munchies, to discuss the wedding and how wonderful everything was!!!!! And.....it SURE WAS a wonderful event!!!!

Returning to the stick n brick......I made our flight reservations for next month to fly to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada for a couple of weeks to visit our great friends....Doug and Diane. AND....the great thing about this is: ready for this??? We both are making the flight up there and back on my frequent flier miles!!!!! And....I have still many thousand to spare.....WOW!!!!!! Haven't ever used any of them for many years......and so, I thought....why not??? Might as well use them now before they change their policies and I could lose them......sooooo, all we had to pay were the taxes of $106.00!!!! Made my day!!!!!! And....as always,

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: