Friday, April 23, 2010

Thur/Fri, Apr 22-23, 2010: Relaxing, enjoying Life continues.....

Yep......this is one of those times when I have to kind of think about what there is to write about.......these are just those kind of days that nothing much is needed to be done.....and so, I don't do much here at the sticknbrick.

Yesterday, the 1st Lady worked in the front part of the yard......doing just what she enjoys doing: hand pulling/weeding of the "yellow roses of Texas" that those birds I talked with in Feb in the World Bird Sanctuary along the Rio Grande River.....they transported the seeds so that I could bring some of Texas with me.....Dandelions!!! It is relaxing to her to do this.....she can work on her tan....and gives her some "thinking time".

Myself????? I, too, did some work in the yard, doing some weeding and some "detailing" on the sides of the yard. I also did some reading on the patio......sipping coffee in the morning....and sipping my required dark red medicine when got to be "5 o'clock somewhere". The 1st Lady joined me for our own private HowserHouseHappyHour.....and we enjoyed just kicking back on the patio and watching the day slip away.

She then had to get ready as she had her Beta Sigma Phi Sorority Founder's Day banquet to attend out at the Country Club......with not only her chapter, but the two other chapters here in F'town also attending this annual event. She returned between 9 and 10pm....and said she had a great time......glad to hear that. Myself......I watched some tv shows, read some, and sipped another glass of wine.

TODAY.......another beautiful day when for two days it has been "supposed to" rain, but nothing has arrived. I had my morning coffee out on the patio as some of the local F'town Bird Choir came by to sing at the edge of the patio for me. Most of the repertoire was "chance" music......each bird doing his/her own thing and hopefully they would blend and finish the song(s) together at the same time. Well.......it didn't quite happen that way, but I enjoyed them stopping by to perform for me at the bird feeders!!!! (Sounded rather like the first few weeks of Beginning Band Class when the 6th graders were trying to learn how to play a few little notes all together).

ALAS, ALAS.....it is actually raining....a bit.....outside. Some lightning and thunder, but nothing serious. We SURE NEED the rain, so hope it continues all night!!!!

Tomorrow we are going to Cape G. to see if we can find some frames we like for new glasses for each of us; then, we have to buy a new bicycle for our granddaughter, Rachel....as next Tuesday is her 12th birthday!!!! WOW....where DOES the time go to??? Then we plan to visit with Michael during the afternoon.......and return home rather late tomorrow evening. Soooo, you have the agenda for the day for ourselves.....just in case I don't get a post made tomorrow night.

It is less than 5 weeks now until we fly up to Edmonton, Albertat, Canada......YEAH!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!! But.......as always..........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: