Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monday/Tuesday: April 26/27, 2010: ?????????

Oh yeah.....what the hell are all of those questions marks doing in the heading????? Did it make your curiosity go up just a little??? Were you by any chance wondering what I was going to say on here????? Hmmmm.......

Let me be candid.......it seems this little evening chats/blog posts that I have been writing now for five years.....and it has been that long almost to the day!! I cannot find out exactly when I began because the damned Archives on here are not allowing me to get past the last few days of each month........I have toooooo many posts on here, as they currently limit them to a total of 5000. Did I lead you away from my topic sentence of this paragraph??? Yep.....I did that, not intentionally, but I didn't finish the first sentence.......as I was saying, these posts are beginning to not be written each and every day, but seemed to be evolving into posts made every two days. Why????

I think this blog needs some refurbishing.....some changes....a fresh look.....a bit of the spark that has drifted away from my original writings five years ago. You know.....who the hell really, really cares about the weather where I am located??? Huh??? Has my Life changed....has it become just a routine that I have to do each and every evening???? Have I become duller??? (Is that a word?)

As you can see....I am finding myself wrestling with the "why?" of my blogs not be written every day/night. I KNOW that I have tons and tons of daily readers......that I can check on very easily.....as well as where your "server/provider" is located, at least the city/town and state/country. But......why are you here on my blog everyday/evening????? What draws you to this blog?????? What am I saying that is soooooo important that you return every day or so to this blog to read my sketchy weather report for my location, wherever that might be at the time of the writing? Can you give me a clue????????????????

When I began this blog......it was at the suggestion of my close friend/former student/associate band director here in F'town.....Michael Goldsmith. And......I found it an excellent way to communicate with our family when we began our dedicated travels....in 2005. It did serve that purpose 100%......along with pictures of where we were at the time of writing, the things we had been doing that day, and these were immediate tools for our family who were thousands of miles away, depending on our location. In 2007, I even wrote and posted from Egypt and Jordan........many thousands of miles from southeast Missouri. And it evolved into the daily posting of my Life, our travels, our worries, our problems, our families, our friends, and thousands, literally.....of pictures. YOU have traveled with me to not only Egypt and Jordan, but to Mexico and to Canada, as well as to God knows how many states over these past 5 years.....including the inauguration of President Obama in Washington DC last year.

And now.....we are at home for a period of time.....and our Life here at the sticknbrick has become rather mundane.......nothing exciting is happening, or so it seems to me tonight. What did I do today??? Finish mowing the lawn that I began yesterday afternoon and didn't get finished until this afternoon........ Yep, that is the sum total of our/my activities for the past 48 yours....other than living my Life as the man of the house....doing the chores, washing the dishes, making the bed, the morning rituals, drinking the dark Fr Roast coffee and the dark red medicine.....and how many times can I write about those activities without falling off of this damn stool at the bar in complete and utter boredom?????? HUH?????????

Soooooooo......I need your help. Many, many of you have been nothing more than "lurkers" on here......sneak in here, take a peek around the Life of TheHowserHouse, leave quietly, and then return in a day or so......without a squeak from you to me! Sooooooooo.......I need your help. Others have written a few comments from time to time......and they are sooooooo appreciated, even if I might not agree with your words and thoughts......but then, I do know that you don't agree with mine that way...haha!! Your help!!!???? Why are you here???? What would you like to read about on this blog?????? Your thoughts??????????????????

THAT is your assignment, class! Give me some input......should I even continue to write this blog??? I DO love to write....I have always enjoyed writing, even when I was in high school. But.....but......yeah.....some feedback from out there in cyberspace is requested.....please???

Let me know your feelings, your thoughts,......OK?????? I will be waiting.........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Howser,

I like your blog because it tells the story of a man with less hair than I have.

Sincerely,
Hotel California

Kim said...

I like your blog because I like to read about your travels. It's fun to read about you being in the RGV when it is 20 degrees in Missouri. It makes me think that retirement isn't just a myth:) Keep writing... we all have mundane days. That is what makes the special days even more special.

Anonymous said...

John:

I read yours and 6 other blog every day. All of you are retired and living various life styles. As I am newly retired I use it to get a view of what retire life can be like and to understand that everyday is different and must be dealt with as you go along. As far as I'm concerned don't stop you musings as it is a help plus very entertaining at times.

Sincerely;

Kim (Kedd)

Unknown said...

I started reading your blog not long after you started it as a way to catch up with you and your life since you left Eldon. I have always thought you were such and interesting person with so much to say and connecting out in cyberspace has made me feel just a little closer to you. I have always been connected to your family, kind of an adopted member of the family. Keep it up in some form or another!

mike k said...

Mr Howser,
i've been following your blog for the last 4 or 5 years, I am in my late 50's and plan on retiring in about 2 years if everything goes as planned, reading your blog gives me some encouragement to keep focused on what i wish my own retirement to be like, because like youself i plan on traveling to different areas in retirement.
Your an excellent writer, when i read your blog i feel as if i'm there doing the activitie your doing. does it make sense? i dont know but please keep writing , i look forward to it every day and thank you forhelping me keep the dream alive so to speak that in the near future i will be doing the same thing. safe travels...mike k from brimley mi

Alicia said...

What can I say, John. After meeting you in the RGV at the RV.net party, I started reading your blog. I even went back and read all the past blogs. I enjoy reading about your activities and going with you on your travels. Now my blog is the boring one, so keep up your writting and we will keep reading.

Keith said...

John, I have to agree with some of the posts already on....it is hard to say why, but I do enjoy reading this blog. You are good writer, and oddly, I even enjoy hearing about your French Roast coffee in the mornings. Sometimes, repetition brings a sense of security and peacefulness in an otherwise crazy world. The travel blogs are the best, but I still like the daily ones too...keep it up..and if it is too much, make notes and post weekly.

Larry and Cindy said...

Hello John my friend,
Your blog to me is like a one way phone call just to tell us what you two have been up to and how things are going. The times you are traveling is an insight of what Cindy & I will be experiencing this winter in the RGV. I try to read your blog everyday and even when I miss a day or two, like I have this time, I always want to catch up on your activities. It is really wonderful to see your family and the places you travel to and all the fun you have. I love it that you always find time for that infamous Dark Red Medicine, if nothing else at least I know you are getting your fruit for the day.

I sorta know how you feel about writing a blog I have to really work at getting things posted and wish I have a timbal full of your writing abilities so that I can be as colorful and witty as you when I write. So what ever you do, don't stop writing it is a pleasure and enjoyment that I am not willing to give up.

Your Friends
Larry & Cindy