Monday, April 05, 2010

Monday, April 5, 2010: WHAT a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!!

And.....another one of those gorgeous days during this "fickle" season.....Spring!! Why do I say that???? Because.....by the middle of this week, the temps, which were in the low 80's today and yesterday, will drop back into the upper 30's on Wednesday/Thursday nights!!!!!!!!! FICKLE is completely correct!!!!



Yesterday........after sitting out on the deck with my coffee again......the kids at Dr. Jeni's were ecstatic with their Easter egg hunt inside the house....as well as all of the Easter candy which just happened to be in those baskets. And......I am quite surprised that they really had no after affects from all of the chocolates that they consumed......UGH!!!



Dr. Jeni, on the other hand, was not feeling well and spent most of the day in bed.......a minor migraine, we think. The usual symptoms for her for this problem were very evident.....and so, after the kids found all of their eggs yesterday morning, she went back to bed.....not to be seen for the rest of the day.



The 1st Lady fixed a wonderful roast beef with all the veggie goodies that cooked in the same pot with that beautiful roast.....and, with the gravy she made, it was a really great dinner!!!! She IS a great cook.....even though we often just don't fix a large meal like that! However.....I'm sure glad she did.....haha!!!!



We left around 4pm and arrived back at the stick and brick about 6:45.....just in time to get everything carried inside and then.........to the sofa to watch The Amazing Race! As often happens, things can flip flop very easily on this reality show......and we both really love watching this show......reminds us of some of the things that have happened to us while traveling in other countries.....like,.....taxi drivers that do not know where they are going!!!!! Yep.....been there, done that!!



TODAY....MONDAY: A relaxed morning.....and then about lunch time I went out into the yard to begin the annual spring clean-up that must be made. The ornamental grasses must be trimmed back to the ground, raked up, and then burned......I hope!! I weeded my herb garden....and need to it a bit more seriously in the next couple of days as I just gave it a quick once-over this morning.

There are many things that will need to be done before the week is completed, however.......it is supposed to rain this week, which will definitely put a damper on my outside plans. UGH!!!!!

I ran up to Farmington to get my very LONG 67 hairs trimmed back.....severely!!! Yep....I do look better.....at least, I think so......and it sure feels better. I do not think my hair has been as long as it has been in many years......WHEW.....even my hair/dresser/cutter remarked that I "sure had a LOT of hair" today!! Stopped in the super Walmart for about 30 minutes to pick up a few needed items......and then returned home.

This evening I grilled some "death food".....hot dogs on the grill. Love them.....even though they should be eaten in moderation. Love the flavor of them when charred on the grill......and tonight was no exception!

I did manage to get many wedding pictures post into two albums on Facebook......just go to my page on FB and find the picture albums.....there are two of the ones from the wedding weekend. Sure glad to get that finished.....WOW!!!!!!!

Another day of warm temps is due tomorrow.....and then the cool front will pass through, more than likely causing storms for us......we ARE in "Tornado Alley" and we often experience strong storms and high dangerous winds. Remember May 8th of last year?????? The INLAND HURRICANE that passed through and over us..........never again, we hope!!!

OK.....I have many topics of discussion on my writing list, but tonight is not the night to do that......I seem to be a bit on the dreary eye-lid, sleepy side this evening......so, I will close this before my writing, thinking, and typing gets worse than it already is.

LIFE REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: