Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Only 26 DAYS to go!!!!

Hmmmm……another dreary…and very rainy…day!!! I won’t complain…..we need the rain…..we need quite a bit more rain. With the clouds hanging low, the humidity very high, the 1st Lady and I quickly dressed and hit the street for our 2 mile power walk. And……we had to cut it short as the drops of rain began to fall……..on us.

A leisurely breakfast with her tea and my French Roast coffee was very satisfying…..and with the weather not being conducive for outdoor work……I found myself surfing the net…..and where did I land???? IN EGYPT!!!

So after spending a bit of time online, I went and picked up my Lonely Planet guidebook on Egypt….and continued to read it from where I left it a few weeks ago. And…..my God….before I knew it the afternoon was fading away. I was sooooo damned immersed within the covers of the book that my mind had visualized the 1st Lady and I on camels, walking around the Pyramids, on the cruise ship, trying to cross the horrendously busy streets in Cairo, etc., etc., etc. All of the tips and instructions and discussions that I was reading about………..that is where I spent the day!!

And so…..tonight my mind is still in Northeast Africa…….wandering around Egypt. ONLY 26 days until we leave…….YEAH!!!!! LOTS to do……..lots more planning for the trip…..and, of course, mucho more reading to do. I DO want to be prepared for this trip….and being in Egypt is certainly NOT like being in Europe. Very different customs, religion, dress “codes”, food, but from everything I have read, some very wonderful warm people who want to get to know the travelers in their country of which they are sooo very, very proud! Can’t wait…..

Without a doubt……

LIFE IS GREAT……And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: