Monday, October 29, 2007

14 DAYS!!! Simply BEAUTIFUL......a wonderful fall day!!

OMG.....what an incredible day.....even with the heavy frost we encountered this morning. Not thinking last night, I forgot to cover my Basil plants....and they are dead....no more fresh green leaves for my home made paninis. Oh well........the rest of this crisp fall day made up for that small loss.

The 1st Lady and I took our power walk this morning......our regular 2 miles in 31 minutes. At first my breath fogged up my glasses but the sun slipped through the red and yellow leaves that are still hanging on the trees and the air warmed up considerably after that.

Then I had my Fr Roast coffee while I read the online newspapers.....and by 10AM we were in the yard continuing to get it cleaned up. FINALLY.......the time has come to BURN, BURN, BURN our limbs, leaves, twigs, etc., etc. The city allows us to burn yard stuff between Oct 15 and Dec 15.....so I spent the next two hours being TheHowserHouse Fire Marshall and overseeing the task of disposing by fire of the many, many limbs and things that the storms brought into our yard. And now.......the corner of our yard is clean and bare of those piles of unsightly limbs!! YEAH!!!

After lunch and a bit more yard work, we decided to run down to Cape.....only 50 miles.....and get my prescription sunglasss ordered. And......sooo we did. We were back by a bit after 5pm.....and each of us working on our own little lappies with our own research on various subjects, as well as answering emails.

Don't know if I mentioned by we are going to meet a wonderful expat lady who has lived in Egypt for about 20 years. She wrote us first as she had read a post I made on the TravelBlogs.com about going to Egypt......and she asked if we needed any questions answered or any other assistance. Soooo, I wrote to her and we have been "email correspondents" for the past three-four weeks. Well.......she had recommended a great Egyptian restaurant in Cairo for us to have dinner at......and so I asked if she would join us for dinner one night while we are in Cairo. And......our schedules are in sync and so she accepted our invitation and then volunteered to pick us up in her car at the Ramses Hilton where we will staying in Cairo. It should be a fun evening having dinner with a resident of Egypt and being able to discuss what it is like to live there.

And sooooooo........another day of this year....and of my Life....has gone by in a flash. Honest to God......these days and time in general, just seem to fly by so damn quickly...WOW!!! And with time in such a hurry........I still feel very strongly that.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: