Sunday, October 21, 2007

22 DAYS To GO!!!

A beautiful day.....windy, very windy....but a wonderful autumn day here in southeast Missouri. This morning the 1st Lady and I took our power walk of 2 miles in 30 minutes.......and it was quite enjoyable at 7:30am.

After a couple of cups of hot, steaming French Roast coffee.......I began what turned out to be a lengthy process: trying to get our TIVO to downloading the program information. After 2-3 hours of attempting to connect with the correct phone numbers....and then after being "interrupted" each time it would begin to download......I sat through TWO 20-30 minutes of being "on hold" with the TIVO support teams. The first time I connected with them....and then I was cut off.....DAMN!!! And then, on the second "on hold" for 30 minutes, I reached a REAL human being. He then looked at my TIVO from his connection in his office......and told me the problem: downloading some new software which was a large download and the phones kept disconnecting me. Soooooo, again I started the process......and this time after 1.5 hours, it was completed!!! SUCCESS!!!!!

By late afternoon, the 1st Lady had a wonderful dinner prepared........and oh my, but was it ever incredible!!!!! Some type of pork cutlets smothered in a wonderful broth and covered with fresh sliced apples and then put into the oven. WOW.......really great!!!

Then.....I have been glued to the tellie tonight: three hours of Discovery Channel all about Egypt Queens and the discovery of their DNA's and their positive identification. A FANTASTIC three hours......with soooo many views of where we will find ourselves in 24 days!!!! Can't wait!! The title says 22, but that is the amount left before we head to STL where we will overnight close to the airport so we can catch our 6:55AM flight to NYC.....and we will be there for 8 hours prior to flying overnight to Cairo.....an eleven (11) hour flight!!! We will arrive in Cairo around 12:30....noon.....and after all of the processing with immigration, passport control, visas, meeting the representative from our tour company, and then getting through the Cairo Chaos of traffic to our hotel, the Ramses Hilton.......we will be exhausted, to say the least.

But.....there are still three more weeks here in the states......and as always, I know that each day we will find that:

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: