Thursday, October 25, 2007

18 DAYS!!! An exhausting day...physically and mentally.......

I was on the road at 6AM this morning ........going down to the Bootheel of Missouri for a meeting that I needed to attend. Driving down to Cape on the newly remodeled Hwy 72, it was a real bitch in the dark with rain coming down with very few center lines painted with no lines on the edge of the highway with many, many semis meeting me as they roared around the corners, etc., etc. This will be a big improvement WHEN they have it finished......but NOW???? It is extremely dangerous to drive on in the dark with rain!!!! DAMN!!!
While it only lasted 30 minutes, it was mentally challenging and.......exhausting. Following the meeting I went and visited with Mike for a few hours.....and then drove back to Cape Girardeau. Stopped in at LensCrafters at the Mall and picked out some sunglasses to be made into my prescribed lenses. UGH!!! MUCHO more expensive than I had anticipated soooo, thought I had better run it by TheHowserHouse bookkeeper/auditor for her approval, so I just had them hold them until tomorrow. The 1st Lady has to go and pick up her glasses tomorrow in Cape......so I will have her finish the order.

Returned to F'town.....and immediately removed my suit and tie.......WOW!!!! I am just NOT used to wearing a suit and tie all day long........and my neck is about raw!!! And to think....I used to wear a tie every day of the week......how the Hell did I do that????????? Just not sure......but, perhaps it is my aging mind that seems to store away these little thoughts and items.....and for some reason it just bogs down, freezes up like my lappie, and then the information becomes lost and I just can't retrieve it.........hmmmm...........it is hell getting old(er).

I am really tired tonight.....can't think how long it has been since I got my tired, sagging ass out of bed at 5AM!!!!! Sooooo, this is short tonight....much like what is left of my Life............but, nevertheless:

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all you, also!!!

No comments: