Thursday, October 11, 2007

Brilliant.....but, Lazy....just right for doing NOTHING

Oh yeah.....I am certain many of you are wondering just why the hell I didn't write a few words last night. Ok.......I should have, but.......I had not really done anything noteworthy or of interest to anyone......and I didn't have the mental alertness to write a new chapter of my Life, soooooo......I just turned off the little lappie and enjoyed the quietness of TheHowserHouse and spent the evening reading a novel. Excuse??? Ok........think it was just that exactly!

Oh..... Last night I did catch up on the latest episode of "Damages" on the FX channel. WOW........it is ever, ever becoming INTENSE!!!!!! There are only two more weeks of this unusual drama and I have become sooooo engrossed in it that I will certainly dislike seeing it stop! UGH!!!

Today.......AHHHHH, a brilliantly bright and crisp autumn day......JUST THE KIND I HAVE BEEN LONGING FOR!!!!! In the upper 40's when I headed for the patio with my cup of Fr. Roast in hand.........and then....oops......I made a u-turn and headed back to my closet to retrieve some jeans and put away my shorts.....for today!!! Yep......it was just a bit toooo chilly and crisp to sit on the patio, under my new yellow patio umbrella and sip coffee, no matter just how hot and steamy it was. BUT......I am NOT complaining......I just LOVE these fall days........why???? Well, the humidity is gone and the clear and bright days, along with the cool temps, remind me soooo damn much of the place I love the most: the same of days that you find in the higher altitudes of the Big Horns of Wyoming. What was missing today???? The cold and clear streams which are the home of the various Wyoming trout that are always just waiting for this old sagging hulk of a man to drop a fly into.........or, like two years ago, drop MYSELF into the stream!!!!(See the archives for June/July, 2005)

Soooo, what did I do today???? NOTHING!!!!! Oh well, I did do a bit of straightening up inside the house: folding towels, socks, removing the trash to the outside trash receptacle, and..........READING!!!!! Oh yeah.....it was soooooo damn quiet here and outside that I found myself reading on the patio, sipping coffee, and just plain relaxing with that grand and glorious feeling of not having anything pressing to complete. WOW.......THAT is retirement!!!!! Did I feel guilty???? HELL NO!!!!! The 1st Lady is still visiting her mother in northeast Missouri and with no REAL tasks to finish, this day belonged to......just ME!!!!

And now......even with the new glasses, my eyes are hanging out on my cheeks from the hours of enjoyment of being inside those 452 pages where I spent most of the day, and also in my mind.....where I visualized the events of the novel. And....this evening, I began to put more effort into the research of Egyptian history and of the places and monuments and temples and tombs and museums and open markets and "touts"(I'll explain upon returning) and the excitement of being in a totally different kind of world than where I spent today. I am getting SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

I spent a few hours this evening reading the ongoing blogs on a website I stumbled across a few months ago when we decided to make the journey to Egypt and Jordan, with the 5 day cruise up the Nile River. For anyone who is a traveler.....and not a tourist......there are a couple of wonderful websites that I would strongly recommend for you to check out online.....and dig into them. It does take a bit of getting to know what they have to offer, but when you do get "into" them, you will just learn soooooo damn much about the place(s) you are planning to travel to, no matter if it is to another country, or to someplace here in the US:
1. www.travelblog.org
2. www.virtualtourist.com

I can't give enough praise, AND THANKS, for these two websites. Again......don't just jump onto the website and sit there reading the opening page.............DIG and DIVE into them and DISCOVER all they have to offer. They are both written by the travelers who have been there, or, are NOW there and are posting to their travel blogs. The pictures are absolutely enthralling and .......you will soon be checking your bank account and making your flight reservations for another country/place or, heading down the road if it is here on our continent. The wonderful thing is the personal recommendations or warnings about each place.........not just a tourist bureau or chamber of commerce trying to get you to visit their town/country, but actual, real human travelers with wonderful comments and personal opinions.

For those of you who have expressed dismay that we are traveling to Egypt and Jordan., by exploring these websites...you will soon see just how many people......thousands of people.....are now, TODAY, visiting and traveling in Egypt and Jordan and having a wonderful time without any problems. If you/we allow our fearful Administration in Washington to keep us hiding under our beds in a cold and teeth-chattering fear of "foreigners" and/or immigrants and their own fantastic and splendid countries, we will be losing a very important aspect of our Lives..........the opportunities to experience and to learn about the peoples and different cultures of this world. After all............LIFE IS TOOOOO DAMN SHORT TO STAY IN ONE PLACE!!!!!

And so.........it was a wonderful fall day......and no matter what has occurred......as always,

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: