Sunday, October 28, 2007

15 DAYS!!! Where have the past few days gone?

Friday......I was here at the house as the 1st Lady was in Cape with our granddaughter, Rachel. The 1st Lady also picked up her new glasses and prescription sunglasses. A busy day for her......a more relaxed one for me. That evening I met her about 18 miles east of here......and we had a late dinner at a place called: Bonnie's Moo Cow......yep, not a typo....but the real name of a cafe that is attached to the area sale barn. At a junction of the two highways, Patton (junction) is a gathering of a few homes/businesses with the most popular being the Cafe.

The advice is always: Eat where the locals eat. Well.......all the locals, and many who are not local.....eat here...especially on Friday nights when they serve catfish and three sides for $8.99 for ALL YOU CAN EAT!! The 1st Lady and I had not eaten at this particular cafe for a year or two......as we have been eating our catfish in the F'town city center. But this time....we decided to go back and try out Bonnie's Moo Cow Cafe again. It was good......not great, but a good meal. The coating on the fried catfish was just a bit tooo salty. Did someone drop the salt box in the cornmeal???? Hmmmmm.......not sure about that, but it was toooo salty this past Friday night!

Saturday........we went to have an afternoon meal with Mike. It was a very pleasant meal......BBQ ribs and other goodies. We enjoyed our conversations with him.....and the discussions that ensued were both fun.....and thought-provoking. A very good visit!!!!
We returned home around 10pm.......and....before long I found myself in the horizontal position.

Today.......watched the morning "talking heads" shows on Sunday morning, drank my French Roast coffee, and then......it was time to get some work down. Spent SEVERAL hours working on the lawn.....mowing the grass, the leaves, and then raking, with the 1st Lady giving a lot of assistance with the rake and wheelbarrow.....and then: it was time to get TheHowserHouse on wheels winterized!!!! Yep......a HARD freeze is expected and predicted for tonight......soooo, a quick trip to the local Wally World to get some more "rv anti-freeze" for the water tubes etc., etc. It took a bit longer than expected......but it IS done. Now........for the next two months, I won't have to worry about freezing joints and water "pipes".

I have been very concerned about a very much loved cousin of mine who for the past two years and a half has been fighting liver cancer....and the spread of it to other parts of her body. They live in Vienna, VA.....and her husband three weeks suffered a heart attack from all of the stress. Hospice has been called in to their home.....and my cousin is under many meds to ease the pain as her last days begin to close down. I have visited her and her husband there in Vienna.....and at their winter home in Mesa, AZ. It has depressed me ..........depressed me a great deal......to know that such a wonderful, vibrant and energetic, fun-loving and extremely postive lady has been subjected to this horrendous cancer. My only hope is that she will not have to suffer much longer as there is no positive hope for her at this stage of the disease........... Unless we are our our journey to Egypt, I will be heading to Virginia when the dreaded time arrives.......

With that discussion, and with a very heavy heart and many, many memories of our wonderful, laughing times that we had together here in Missouri, in Virginia, and in Arizona.....I will close my post for tonight. It is difficult to end with my usual last line, but it IS still so true that for her and for all of us......

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: