Tuesday, October 09, 2007

GOOD-BYE SUMMER!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

WHAT a beautiful morning....and day....and evening!!!!! At long last, I do believe that summer has given up it's relentless grip and, hopefully, autumn has arrived to honor us with the wonderful weather that I love!!! And......today was just fantastic!!!!

With the 1st Lady being gone........I had my French Roast coffee on the patio.....enjoying the newly "won" Yellow Tail yellow patio umbrella which the 1st Lady won in a drawing 10 days ago at the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club regional rally. It was difficult to leave such a peaceful scene, but I needed to go pick up our two weeks worth of mail that accumulated while we were gone, pay some bills, mail a couple of things, get all 69 of the hairs on my head shortened, and have the headlight in the truck replaced. All of this became a formidable task as I sat in the brilliant sunshine on the patio making plans to get all of this accomplished.

However......as usual, the list was not nearly as time consuming as I had imagined....and before long I was in Farmington, my 69 hairs were shorter, and the truck's light was replaced and I was soon on my way back to F'town. Returning to TheHowserHouse stick/brick, I fixed a quick and very light bite of lunch.....and soon the phone was ringing with an invitation to have dinner at the Hanner Home.........the occasion? It is their 41st anniversary.....and so, of course, I accepted.

The afternoon was spent just enjoying Life......and catching up on a Tivo'd episode of "Damages" that I had missed last week. WOW........and what an episode. Sometimes they go 2-3 weeks without anything really interesting occurring, but not this time.....OMG!!! It was sooooooo good!!!

Before long, it was almost time to journey out to the Hanner Home......and so, I grabbed a bottle of dark red medicine and drove the long 1.5 miles to their place on a hill overlooking the F'town valley.

Dinner????? Well, what do you think???? Of course, with the lady of the Hanner Home (Chef Sue) doing the cooking, it was a wonderful experience of flavorful aromas and tastes!!!! With the vino we enjoyed a pot of very delicate and tasty mussels cooked in a great broth.......and it was OH SO GOOD!!!!! The main course was a seafood "pie", or perhaps "stew", cooked and bubbling in a pastry shell........and another WOW for this wonderful dish! The salad, which prepared by Chef Sue, was AS ALWAYS a savory experience that leaves you always wanting more and more.....and more.

The meal was served on their deck overlooking the western hills and forested lands......and with the sun setting just as dinner was brought to the table, it was a very relaxing and quite pleasant ambience for their anniversary. I find it really interesting that no matter what Chef Sue prepares, she does it with such little effort.........and that is such an admirable trait that I would certainly like to emulate.

Dessert and coffee were served inside as the night very quickly became a bit on the chilly side. And......the dessert, as with the dinner, was outstanding. A type of chocolate and almond filled pastry, resembling a croissant, with whipped cream on the top and drizzled with warm chocolate.........YUMMY!!!! AHHHHHH...........the tasty talents of the Chef!!!!!!

Back home by 10........the evening, as well as the day, has swiftly disappeared. And sooooo, with another pound added to the vastly accumulating poundage of my sagging, aging hulk, I find myself asking the question: Will tomorrow bring "MORE FOOD"????????? However.........I can't deny that even with this added weight........

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: