Tuesday, October 23, 2007

20 Days to Go!!!!! And I sure as Hell hope they aren't all like today!!!

It has been just “one of those days” around here today!! And…by that I mean “one of those days” that I hope doesn’t reappear very soon……..damn!!!

It was raining when we woke up…..and so the 1st Lady remained in bed for a few more snooze counts…make that “wheezing” counts……and I got up and made my French Roast coffee and read a few newspapers online. When she did get up….it was make-the-bed-time….MY assigned task…..ALWAYS!!!

Around 10 I decided to make some phone calls as we have been having a problem with the Samsung Plasma…….in that every time the we turn the tellie off….and then when we turn it back on, we have to re-program all of the channels onto it…….the memory function doesn’t work! Soooo, with the HD channels now….somehow….appearing on my tellie for the local stations in STL which includes ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and the PBS….I decided to see about getting this small problem fixed.

I began by calling where we have an extended warranty for 60 months…..and after a prolonged conversation with a nice lady, she told me that the Samsung warranty was good for two years….we purchased it in Feb of 2006.….and so I would need to call Samsung. My first reaction……OMG….talking with someone in Japan or somewhere in that area and having to deal with the accents. However, when I did reach a human being…..it was here in the states….YEAH!!!!!! Explaining the problem to this young lady, she said that she needed our serial number, which we had managed to find and write down before we called: ANOTHER distinct problem as the plasma is hung IN the wall and even though I can access the cords/cables from the new cabinet on the other side of the wall(in the garage), the serial number had not been visible from there. Soooo, we hung a mirror down behind the tellie and beamed some light back there by a flashlight and we were able to retrieve the number. However, when I gave her the serial no., she said there wasn’t anything like that anywhere in their computers at Samsung……THE MAIN SERVICE CENTER!! OMG…..

Sooooo, she asked me to fax her the bill of sale/receipt and so I hung up and went into the den and faxed it to her. Calling back to Samsung an hour later, they had received it and told me that I would need to call this electronics repair shop….they gave me the name….in Cape Girardeau to set up an appointment……we HAVE in-our-house service on the warrantIES!! Sooooo, I called the people in Cape…..but no answer……just their screaming noise of a fax machine…theirs. After doing this several times, I called Samsung back and explained the problem……and they tried to obtain another number but were unsuccessful. So, I told Samsung I would fax the place in Cape and tell them to call ME.

OK…..during these 2-3 hours, I had been trying to get the plasma to program the channels….and soon it wouldn’t even do THAT….just saying on the screen that there was a “weak signal“ And THEN……the damned tellie went off completely with no picture, no audio….NADA!!! THEN I began to really panic……..called Samsung again and they said to unplug the electricity and wait about 5-10 minutes. Up to that time, I could not get the HD channels and the regular locals were all fuzzy and full of lines.

Soooo, I called Charter, our cable provider…..and they told me, “OH….you are getting HD since you are not signed up for it and you don’t have an HD receiver.” OOOKKKKK….what the hell? I had been getting HD since Sunday on five stations!!!! It said up in the corner “HD” and hell, you could just TELL……it looked like it was supposed to on the plasma. Up until last week, F’town did not have HD being sent down here by Charter, but they changed it in the middle of last week….and we began receiving it, IF signed up. HAHAHHA……but, I wasn’t signed up.

I explained again….and then decided to shut up about it. The guy did say that it might be “bleeding through”. Well……..

I did get the tellie back on……and when that happened, the missing HD channels were back on!!! Ok…….I just let it go….and cancelled my Charter service appt for Friday.
And so……all that needs to “be continued” is getting in touch with the service people in Cape!!!!

ALL of this had taken almost FIVE HOURS!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!

So, we fixed supper….and in middle of eating …..ALL of the electricity went off and we were plunged into darkness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting up to find candles, I checked the neighbors and there were only the other two houses next to ours and ours were in the dark. Soooo, thank God for cells….I called the emergency office and they said they would send someone up to us.

Well, it was almost an hour before they arrived……and we were beginning to get worried…..BIG TIME!!!! TONIGHT at 9pm is the finale of that incredible show on FX….”Damages”!!!! But……..after over an hour of working outside on the transformer that is across the street, we have lights!!!!

And then....I restarted my little lappie......and GUESS WHAT!!!????? It got almost finished rebooting.....and the damn dreaded BLUE SCREEN popped up on my poor little lappie!! WHAT NEXT????? But.......with some careful massaging, some tender little words whispered into the screen and keyboard, and a lot of love, I got it shut down, re-started it again.....and all seems to be working well........WOW.

OK…….it was “ONE OF THOSE DAYS”!!!!!!! Understand???????? Have you ever had “one of THOSE days”??????

And so……we watched “Damages”….and yes, it did resolve most of the complex interweaving plots and sub-plots…..but, is very obviously left some unsolved/unresolved for the next season, whenever that may be!!???

NOW….what will tomorrow bring??? Will I be able to resolve the service center in Cape not answering their phone???? Will they reply to my fax and call ME???? Hmmmm……stay tuned to see how this all plays out………… And…..as it was here today, no matter what the little problem or inconvenience…….

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!……And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: