Saturday, January 13, 2007

Warmer, windier....and one more day of this BEFORE.....

WOW ......this day was the warmest and windiest yet!!! It was up to the mid

80's today....and the winds were really strong from the south. BAD NEWS: By Monday, this warm weather will have gone south.....as the cold front arrives with lows near freezing and the highs only in the 40's.....brrrrr!!! I won't say anything more....as I know most of you are in the ice and freezing temps.

After a lazy breakfast on the patio.......and more Fr. Roast on the patio, the 1st Lady decided that it was time to do the laundry......I AGREE!!!! Essentials in my daily wardrobe have about run out......so for the next 1.5 hours she was at the laundry here in the park. As I do not like my t-shirts put into the dryer.....when she returned, TheHowserHouse looked like a ghost house.....with all of my white t-shirts hanging from every hook and corner that I could find. We opened up the windows and that 30 mph southern wind soon had the shirts fluttering and drying!

After lunch, we headed to the Fruit/veggie market west of here about 8 miles. AND....once again, I was blown away by the beautiful fresh fruits and veggies that were being sold for little to nothing!!!! We bought some more fresh broccoli, orange peppers, sweet onions, and a few other items.

Returning to our winter home, the 1st Lady headed over to the Exercise Building for an hour of working out. I puttered around TheHowserHouse and then relaxed with an early dose of my dark red medicine while I sat on the patio enjoying the warmth of this wonderful "valley". I have yet to see anything that resembled a valley.....but that is what it is known as.

This evening the 1st Lady cooked and we enjoyed some of those fresh veggies, including those wonderful fresh white potatoes that we purchased earlier in the week. Ymmm, Yummm!!!

And so......another relaxing day here .....deep, deep in southern Texas. And soooo, as always,

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: