Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 22: Would you believe?? UNENDING RAIN!!!!!

Hey....how do you like this daily report of the weather in the Rio Grande Valley??? Huh???? Are you as tired of this depressing weather report as I am of living in what I am reporting about???? HUH???? DAMN IT......it hasn't changed, but only become worse. It began raining sometime in the very early morning.....and it is STILL raining right now (8:25pm)....and it has not stopped for one minute. There is not one individual that we have talked with today that does not feel just like the 1st Lady and I do......SICK OF IT! At least.....the temps are to begin to warm up with each passing day as the week progresses......hurray!!!!

Soooo, when I tugged and grunted...and finally pulled my sagging hulk out of the king bed upstairs......I thought it was still night, but the clock said 7:15AM. SOOO DARK outside with the thick clouds and rain. I woke the 1st Lady at 8 am as she had her line dance class at 10 this morning. While she was gone, I finished off my French Roast coffee, a LARGE grapefruit, an extremely sweet orange and a bowl of mixed grain cereal. Oh yeah......my Vitamin C intake is WAY over the requirements......hahaha!

I also cleaned up the interior of TheHowserHouse.......picking up papers, vacuuming the carpets, and a bit of dusting as the central heat always creates dust in here. I turned my satellite radio on and listened to some Latino music......AHHHHH, I do love that kind of music. It was just the medicine I needed for this ugly and dreary day! Read awhile.....need to finish this book. I try to read everynight when I become horizontal in the bed, but my eyes begin to water within five minutes of opening the book, and sooooo, I just give up.

When she returned...well, we decided to go to the Rec Hall and have lunch there: soup and homemade bread, and drinks....all for $2.50 each. After eating, we remained for our Square Dance Class.....and then we danced almost non-stop for two hours!!! DAMN.....it was sooooo much fun!!! Do you think I have lost my sense of values????? Well.......for those of you who have turned your nose up at this kind of recreation.........I challenge you to just try it for a few lessons somewhere. It is the best type of mental exercise of concentration that you can do....along with physical exercise at the same time. LOVE IT!!!

Afterwards, we remained and visited with some new friends who are leaving in September for an eleven month trip through Europe.......travelling on their own at their own pace. Of course.....after having been there 12 times in the past 20 years.....I had lots of experiences and advice for them. Am I jealous???? Your damned right......I would just give anything to spend a year travelling in Europe!!!!!! But...."anything" comes with a high ticket cost....and so, guess I won't be doing that.

We ran over to the Post Office in Mercedes proper.....and mailed off a birthday package to Meghan.....her 7th coming up this weekend. Made a quick run through the local supermarket to pick up some bread and stuff....and then headed back through the rain to the Park.

This evening....well, it was spent mainly in front of the fireplace warming ourselves and spending time reading or being online. And soooo, for all of you......this has been another day of dodging raindrops......but a good day nevertheless!! And.....as usual,

Life IS GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: