Wednesday, January 17, 2007

30 years faded away........today!

Ahhhh, the weather warmed just a bit today.....into the the low 40's, but the most important thing was the wind was almost totally gone!!!! Hurray!!!! It remained cloudy and a bit of drizzle.....but it was tolerable....finally.

The 1st Lady was up and going this morning as she had line dance lessons at10 this morning. I took her to the Club and then left the park and went to get some propane for TheHowserHouse. I had taken the bottle when I dropped her off for her class......and then went on a couple of miles to the nearest propane company. Got the 30 pound bottle filled.......and for only $13.50.....the cheapest I have found in several years!!! That particular bottle was empty.....and didn't want to chance running out on the other bottle tonight.

Went back and watched the end of her lessons......and we decided to go to the square dancing lessons during the afternoon. I wasn't sure about this.......the last time I did this was in the middle 70's.........over 30 years!!!!

We returned to our house on wheels......and had lunch. Then we went back to the Club.....and before long we were on our feet and ready to begin. WOW......I couldn't believe.....and STILL can't believe....just how quickly those 30 years disappeared and I found myself remembering all of the calls. For those of you who haven't done this........there is NO set call for a single dance....the caller just watches the squares and then mixes you up and then calls whatever needs to be done to bring you back "home" again.......successfully. So, you must know what to do when he calls certain phrases............it is ALL a mental game.....and it was soooooooo damn much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't believe it..........to think that all of this emerged from the deepest recesses of my mind........dragging the cobwebs with these memories. And now.....I can't wait.....just can't wait to go again. We may slip over to one of the other rv parks and dance again on Friday afternoon.

We have a buffet supper tomorrow evening.......and then a breakfast with other Cedar Creeker Club members on Saturday morning. We have been soooooo busy we can't even find time to go see a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who would have thought we would have found ourselves involved daily with activities........and things we really look forward to doing.

Tomorrow....well, the weather is supposed to get a bit better.....???? Time will tell!!!

I want to slip back over to Mexico......and there a couple of other places I want to visit....and we only have two more weeks left here in the RGV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One month is just NOT enough!!!!!!

And so......with those 30 years that dropped off of my Life today.....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: