Monday, January 08, 2007

Day 6: An ACTIVE day!!!

WOW……this has been an active day. Is this what retired seniors are expected to do while being a “Winter Texan”????? We were up at the regular time…..peeked outside and the sky was deep blue and clear as a mountain stream. Coffee was enjoyed out on the patio in the warm sun…..and soon the 1st Lady was off to the Exercise Room.

I got busy and after getting the ladder out of the basement, I made quick work of washing the windows on the outside of the 5er…..and they are really sparkling!! It wasn’t too much longer before the 1st Lady returned……and then I went for a bike ride while she showered. Rode around the park for about 30 minutes and upon returning the guy across the street and I introduced ourselves and soon were chatting like old friends. Then the 1st Lady and decided to go to the Clubhouse and play some shuffleboard…….hahaha….it has been years and years and years since I have done that. We played for about an hour…..and I really enjoyed playing!

Don, the fellow across the street, mentioned that he was going to the 1:30pm “Social Dance” class…..and suggested we go also. After lunch, we headed off on our bikes to the Clubhouse to try out the Social Dance class. It lasted almost two hours…..and it was quite a bit of fun. Only about 8 couples, but we all enjoyed it!!!

Biking back to TheHowserHouse, I stopped off at the office and made a deposit on a modem to use for the rest of January. Came home……and, well……I hooked it up per instructions, but it does not work!!!! Now what to do????? Guess I will go back to the office tomorrow…..and get their recommendations……or talk to some others about how they hooked theirs up.

Oh…..did I mention that after the dance class…..we played some Table Tennis??? Yep……spent some time doing that upstairs at the Clubhouse. This Clubhouse is LARGE…….much bigger than our H.S. gym……… There are several buildings for activities here….plus a Library. This is QUITE a place!!!!

And soooooooo,…..

Life IS Great…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: