Saturday, January 20, 2007

Day 18: Breakfast with other Creekers.....(Amended 6pm)

WOW....6:30am came EARLY this morning. We are not used to an alarm clock.....and it was still DARK when I managed to heave my sagging hulk out of the bed and into the shower. We scurried around to get going by 7:40 this morning......had to drive a few miles over to the IHOP in Weslaco, TX.

John and Laverne(Sody) had put some tables together and by time to order, we had four couples total!!!
1. John and Laverne (CCRVOC, CCRVC), Americus Kansas
2. Allen and Linda Schwartz (CCRVC) Ivesdale, Illinois
3. Jim and Rosie VanEgeren (CCRVC) Green Bay, Wisconsin
and the 1st Lady and myself!!!!

We had such a great time!!!! The food was delicious, as always, and the companionship and discussions and laughter.......well, they can't get much better than this!!!! We were there for 1.5 hours.....and it seemed like just a few minutes. Time....at this age.....just goes by tooooooo damn fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We would like to do this again.....lunch next time......but don't know if there will be time before the 1st Lady and I leave in 10 days.

Returning to TheHowserHouse here at Llano Grande Lake Park Resort and Country Club.....the 1st Lady decided that it was TIME to go exercise. The weather today is warming just a bit....but cloudy and very moist outside. Think we might go to Mexico tomorrow.......we'll see ......

AMENDED:

Sorry John and Laverne!!!! I didn't know that your pic didn't come through this morning when I posted it, until Cuz Gene told me they weren't on the post.

EVENING:

Ahhh...the temps went up a bit today.....and surprise: the sun peeked through for a small bit of time. The 1st Lady went to the Fitness Center for an hour of working out.....and when she returned I wanted some of that sun, so I jumped on my bike and rode around for 45 minutes. GREAT exercise as I didn't really stop during the entire time.

This evening the 1st Lady made a potato soup that was OUTSTANDING!!!! I sure believe she could market this if there was a way! I am still about to pop from eating soooooo much of this delicious concoction.....WOW!

And so.......another day has passed as we claim the title of "Winter Texans". I have always heard about this area of Texas.....an area that grows in population by tens and tens of thousands of senior citizens during the winter months. But....do you know the best thing about being here? It is the fact that we are sooooooooo welcomed by all of the residents of this area.......and the overwhelming friendliness of EVERYONE that is here....both residents and those of us who are here for the winter. There is no way to explain this......you have to be here to become a part of it.....to actually "feel" the reception that is given to you where ever you are. GREAT!

And soooo, another day in the tip of Texas has gone by.......

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also

No comments: