Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Day 7: A day of concern....and of waiting for phone calls.....

A beautiful day...weather wise....today!! Temps rose to 70 degrees with very little wind......something different for a change.

However,.....my sister called this morning around 10 to tell me that she was in the ER with my mother, whom she had brought by ambulance to the hospital a bit earlier. She woke this morning with pressure/pain in her chest, and after a BP check, my sister called an ambulance for her.

When she called me they were admitting her to ICU. The staff at the hospital had inquired about a living will......and to our knowledge, after going through her papers 10 days ago when I was last at the Lake to see her......none was found. However, we found whereby I had been made her power of attorney.....and so my sister went back to her house to get that paperwork.

The hospital staff told her that was all that was needed......the way it was worded allowed me, and her as the alternate, to make decisions in case she can't. Sooooooo........her BP remained at 78 over 40.....very low....and her heart rate was elevated. Some the heart problems came from the meds they were using to bring up her BP. By the afternoon, tho, she was "with it" much better ....at least from time to time.

When she called me this evening, she had met with the Dr. and he wants to run some tests......depending on how, or what, we will allow him to do after the results are back. THAT is the problem........

Soooo, tomorrow we will try to set up a call when he comes into the room so I can talk with the Dr., also. We will just have to make some decisions as to what, or even IF, we run any tests.

Otherwise, the day went by quickly......as they all do down here. Marsha went to line dancing class this morning.....and then she had personal orientation to the Exercise Room where the entire hour was devoted to her and the machines........the lady giving her personal assistance on the machines and setting up a plan for her. Then we drove west to Mission, TX......looking around and finally stopping at Camping World to look at some RV items. On the return trip, we stopped at Starbucks so I could get a Grande Cappuccino........very good.

This evening we went over to the Clubhouse to play Bingo. Usually I enjoy it, but....hmmmmm, it was horribly slow this evening......the lady running the show just called the numbers wayyyyyy to slow!!! Almost to the point of being boring.........oh well, us older guys can't do things as quickly as we used to....????!!!!!

We are already discussing spending the entire winter down here next year. We really do enjoy this park.....the people are soooo friendly....and there is, as I have stated already.....soooo much to do! Tomorrow I need to run to the Market to get some more fruits and veggies. I did pick some grapefruit and oranges this morning here in the park......!!!

And so.....after a day of some degree of tension and worry and concern......

Life remains GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: