Monday, September 18, 2006

Two days......and I'm still here.

Abusy Sunday...yesterday....after having spent the previous 3 days in STL and at the Moser Estate. Soooo, we did spend some time just enjoying the morning paper and our normal intake of caffeine.

Then with the predictions of rain to arrive soon, I cranked up the lawn mower and fighting the heat and humidity.......I rushed around the lawn and finished in about 2.5 hours. EXHAUSTED from the humidity......it took me some down time and lots of water to get my sagging hulk up and going again. But.......I didn't get toooo much accomplished after that!!

Last night I fixed some thick (1.5"), boneless chops........browning them with fresh garlic and olive oil, and then simmering them in cream of mushroom soup with some cracked pepper for over an hour. Upon removing the chops from the sauce to let them rest, I added about a cup of riesling wine to the sauce, reduced it, and then covered the chops with this wonderful sauce. Ummmm.....wow, were they ever great!!!

Then we enjoyed The Amazing Race.....!!!! SOOOOO great to have it back on the tellie!!!!!!! Can't wait until the next installment!!!! Then we caught up with Survivor which we had Tivo'd while we were gone.........an interesting format this time.

Today.....well, I am leaving in the morning for Grain Valley(east Kansas City) to have some service done on my TheHowserHouse RV. My appointment is for Wed morning at 9am, so have to drive up there tomorrow. Not certain if they will get it done on Wed, or if I will have to call on some friends to "house" Howser (me) for the night. Time will tell.....

So, today I spent a bit of time, between the rain showers, getting things ready to travel tomorrow. I had planned to clean up the outside skin of TheHowserHouse, but the rains prevented me from working on it. But, did check all tires on the RV and the truck and got them up to their magic numbers of tire pressure for traveling across the state. Not loading any eatables......just some Fr. Roast for Wed morning and later on.

This evening the 1st Lady is in Farmington to have dinner with her former teacher friends who get together each month for dinner and socializing.

Soooo,.....there you have it!!!! A report on this aging hulk.......and my uninteresting Life here at TheHowserHouse. Whether you are addicted or not, I am always glad you are here......which helps to make me realize that .....

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: