Friday, September 29, 2006

Day 6.......FULL of people....(and food!!)

Another beautiful day……with the exception that it really did warm up…..reached 90 today. After breakfast, we went to Magic Kingdom…..and WOW……are there ever a lot of people/families here NOW!!!!!!! It took forever to get a shuttle bus this morning…..and then when we arrived we could barely navigate up Main Street for all of the people and strollers!!
We stopped briefly at the candy/pastry shop on the right hand side of the street…….they have THE most incredible cinnamon rolls…..at least 4” high and hot out of the oven. Ummmm, but they were great!!!

It was then off to Tomorrowland. The girls just had to ride again….in fact, three times, on the “Mt.” roller coaster there……..an old ride, but still very popular!! Then we had lunch in Tomorrowland……and shortly afterward, I left to go to Downtown Disney. Wellllllll………..

I went to the shuttle buses to catch a ride to the Contemporary Hotel….which is about ¾ of a mile from Magic Kingdom. I then found out that there is no bus to THAT hotel…..so I walk a good ½ miles back to the Monorail. I get on the next train…..and it sits in the station for 10 minutes before an announcement is made that there is a problem down the line with the switch and that we would be sitting there for awhile!!!! Soooooo, I got out and then walked to the Contemporary Hotel. You see……..you cannot catch a shuttle bus from one kingdom/park to another…..you must first go to a resort hotel and transfer there! Makes sense??? NO!!!

So, at the hotel I then sit and wait for over 30 minutes for the correct shuttle bus that goes to Downtown Disney. After boarding that bus, it then takes about 45 minutes to get there!!!! By this time it was late afternoon, so I walked quickly around the shopping and restaurant areas, through the bar and club areas, and then had a great Girardelli(sp?) ice cream soda. Then it was time to catch a bus to a hotel so I could transfer to Epcot. Another 45 minute ride!!!! And…..all of this mass transit systems were really, REALLY full!!!!!

Guess the International Food and Wine Festival brought in a lot of people. Upon arriving at Epcot, I quickly…..as possible……walked the mile to the International Center. WOW…….sooooo many people all standing in lines to get food at the small little stands, along with many wine stands. I purchased some “Shrimp on the Barbie” and a wonderful little torte from the Australian booths, along with some good Dark Red Medicine. Then I went to the German area and purchased a sausage and sauerkrat on a pretzel roll along with an apple strudel covered in fresh cream!!!! After eating all of this, I purchased another glass if Italian dry wine…….very, very good.

THEN…..at 9pm, the unbelievable fireworks and music show on the lake in front of the International area began……..and let me tell you, I have seen wonderful fireworks shows in Hong Kong, Salzburg, and a HUGE show off of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and this show tonight ranks right up there at the top of all of these spectacular shows!!!!! It is really difficult to describe!!!!! Artistic, gorgeous, a real tear-jerker!!!

And, so……..tomorrow our little week of experiences comes to a close with an evening flight back to STL. It has been great…….tiring……fun…..and fattening!!!!! I hate to weigh myself……UGH!!!! I talked with a fellow on the bus tonight…..and he arrived last Sunday morning, just as we did…..and he said he had gained 7 pounds this week already!!!!!

More weight………..but, yet….

Life is Great…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: