Saturday, September 09, 2006

Recovery is progressing.....

THANKFULLY, the 1st Lady is getting better......not particularly quickly, but she is making progress. The god-awful migraine disappeared during the night, so when morning arrived she was feeling well enough to have a late breakfast out on the patio. The morning was another beautiful one and this certainly assisted in her feeling better.......sipping tea under a great blue sky!!

What did I do today?????? Damn good question........it is now beginning feel like my days are just zipping by before I can get anything accomplished. My morning disappeared......like my Life is doing......very quickly... as I puttered around outside.

The afternoon??? Hmmmm, not much different. The 1st Lady did hold the icepack to her jaw again this afternoon. I went to W-M for the first time in about two weeks.....that is a record for me. I don't think I have ever gone two weeks without paying them a visit!!!!! CONGRATS John!!!

With a glass of dark red medicine, I prepared a one dish dinner tonight. And, as I consumed my medicine I realized that I had only filled the glass half full. With that thought in mind, I began to think about why my glass was half full.........and other people have glasses that are half empty. Hmmmmm.........

I know soooooo many people, just like many of you do, who always see everything from the dark side........everything is doom and gloom to them. And then there are others .......like I usually am.....that see everything from the brighter side.........always an opportunity just around the corner or over the hill or around the next curve. I find myself enjoying being with the optimists......don't you???? MUCH, MUCH has been written on this subject.......so why am I even attempting to discuss it????

I suppose it is that I watched a political advertisement on the tellie today that was really terrible from an optimist's point of view. It was nothing more than scare tactics about "the face of our enemy"..........a dark, negative emotional piece that could certainly affect and scare the children and youth who happen to see it. I don't think it is necessary to even mention which side of the political spectrum paid for this ad..........but the bottom line was that it was to scare voters into casting their votes for a specific person/party. Scare tactics.......pessimissim, negativity, glass half empty!!!!!!! CRAP!!!

And so,...........even after watching the above,

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: