Tuesday, September 19, 2006

To: KANSAS CITY

“Everything’s up to date in Kansas City”…… I never come to KC that I don’t think about that great little song from the musical “Oklahoma!”. It has such an addictive tune and rhythms…….and some cute lyrics……and it brings back many fond memories of when I performed in the musical when I was in High School (waaaayyyy back in the late 50’s of the last century).

I hooked up TheHowserHouse and pulled out of F’town about 9:15 this morning…….made one “pit” stop for about 5 minutes. Then it was across the state….and I soon found myself struggling against a strong head wind…..UGH!!! TheHowserHouse front panel, which is the bedroom, is almost 13 feet tall….which makes it really difficult to make any time against strong head winds. When I filled up with gas upon arriving in KC, I had the worst gas mileage since we were in Wyoming last summer!!! I only made 10 miles to the gallon…….$2.47 for every ten miles, or $.25 per mile………oh well, it is only money!! But, hopefully the return trip will find the winds pushing me towards S.E. Missouri.

I had made reservations at the closest campground to Nationwide RV Sales/Service and was a bit disappointed when I arrived. MANY workers living here, no cable tv, no wifi throughout the cg(just in the office), and all the sights were terribly unlevel front to back and side to side. NOT GOOD!!! I certainly do question the ratings that Trailer Life CG Directory gave to them. WAY toooooo high!!!!!!!! Guess I will write a small letter to Trailer Life……HA…as if it will do any good!!

After getting the umbilical cords attached and functioning properly, I jumped into the truck and headed to a shopping area for a quick look around. Went to several shops such as Pier 1, Stein Mart, World Market, etc., etc. And then I noticed a Mexican restaurant in the same area and went over there to have dinner.

Welllllll, I was seated quickly and then the waiter arrives and asked me if I knew I had blood on my nose!!! No….I sure as hell didn’t know that and so I moistened my finger with my tongue and started to rub my nose. Well, the waiter then said that there was quite a bit of blood there, so I told him I would order and then hit the rest room. He had already brought my iced tea and chips/salsa. After I ordered, I checked out the men’s room and about fell over……my nose was COVERED in DRIED blood!!!!!! It looked like I had been in a real knock-down drag-out boxing match. I washed it off, which was not easy as it was WELL dried.….and then I started to laugh as I though back at all the places I had been to and the looks some of the people had given me, but at the time I thought nothing about it!!! HAHAHA!!!!! NOW I thought about it!!!!! HAHAHAHA……I DO wonder what they must have been thinking as they looked at me, showed me furniture, sold me a bottle of S. African cabernet, etc., etc., etc. HAHAHAHA……Good God, what a sight I must have been!!!! It IS a wonder no once called the police!!!!!

So, after cleaning myself up, grabbing some TP for blood dabbing, I headed back to my booth. HAHAHA…..they had taken my tea, chips/salsa and cleaned the table up!! I sat down….and the waiter came by and said something about an “over-eager bus boy” and then reserved the tea and chips/salsa. Soooo, before long my dinner arrived and after a couple of bites I realized that the damn black beans, the rice, and the enchiladas were NOT hot at all!!!!! Sooooo, I called the waiter back over and told him….and he took my plate and a LONG ten minutes later, he returned with a fresh plate that this time WAS hot!!! I don’t think it was my night to each Mexicano food!!!!!!

During the meal, I received a return call from friends of ours who lived in Eldon when we lived there…..and now live in Independence. I had called and left message upon arriving in the area……and so, after dinner I drove the three miles over to their home. We had such a GREAT time recalling past adventures and many people from years and years ago!!!!!!! For you avid readers……it was their son, a former drum major of mine, who visited me last October/November for a couple of days……..when he and I drank WAY tooooo many glasses of dark red medicine at one of the local wineries!!!!

I returned to the cg and TheHowserHouse which was dark and lonely all by itself without any of us there. Turning on the lights, I decided to check out the heat…..and now it is toasty warm inside.

Sooooo……the day ends well…..and all is well in TheHowserHouse…….and of course,

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: