Friday, September 08, 2006

A QUIET day in the recovery.......

WOW......after I posted last night, the 1st Lady became much worse in her efforts to "get over" her oral surgery for the 2 tooth implants. The nausea became worse.....she couldn't keep anything down....even the pain medications!! I kept her jaw packed in ice...30 minutes on/30 minutes off of the jaw. Sometime after midnight, I told her that I was going to grab a bit of sleep, but to call me if I was needed.

I suppose she must have relaxed a bit and gone to sleep, because 7AM came and I got up to check on her. She was doing a bit better. I fixed her a cup of hot tea at her request, but after a couple of timid sips ......she took no more. She became a bit nauseous once again and so laid back down. As her jaw was really hurting this morning, I tried giving her a couple of ibuprofen(sp??) and she did manage to keep them down.

Sooooo, I puttered around soundlessly as she slept some more. I made some jello for her....and later in the morning she did eat two spoons full. Then the migraine became more intense and so she took one of her migraine meds......and went off to sleep. And me??........I just read a book, drank some Fr Roast on the patio(a beautiful day, by the way)......watched some tellie, and surfed the web.

By the middle of the afternoon, she was beginning to recover!!! YEA!!!!! In fact, she got up and sat in a recliner in the study and watched some tellie, read a bit, and ate more Jello. Since we had tickets for a Chili Supper for a fund raiser here in the town, I grabbed a ticket and went to have some chili.

While there I saw a ton of people I hadn't seen in ages.....and enjoyed the social aspect of eating chili and flapping my lips for awhile!! HAHAHA......who have guessed???!!!!

This evening......a bit more book reading, tellie viewing, and web surfing. EXCITING......huh????

The best improvement is the 1st Lady.......and I can relax with my "care giving" until round two of this implant procedure. I have been assured by Dr. Jeni that round two is much simpler and less painful than yesterday's procedure.........GREAT!!!!

We HOPE to still go to STL on Sunday to attend the RV Show there, meet the newly weds(if they can free up some time), and have dinner with them. I plan to call them in the morning.......if you guys read this....hahha!

And so,

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: