Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day 5: Epcot on display....

The most gorgeous weather we have had on any day this week since arriving in Disney World…….was today!! No matter the time of day……it was perfect. It was such a joy to be outside…….difficult to go inside just to take one of the rides.

We went to Epcot around 10:30 this morning……and this is one of MY favorite kingdoms/parks. I enjoyed the rides, the environmental emphasis in some of the pavilions, and the beautiful style in the landscaping with wonderful contemporary fountains which in some cases were “dancing” to the music being heard in the fountain areas.

I think I will journey back over there tomorrow to spend a bit more time. I wanted to spend the evening in the international area there but the 1st Lady felt she had to help with Meg and Rachel…..and Dr. Jeni was exhausted today. She had to finalize the purchase of the dental business from down here…..by phone and Fax…..and that was quite an ordeal off and on all day. I was left there with the gathering tens of thousands as the opening of the International Food and Wine Festival began late today……..and with all of the partying and dancing in the streets occurring, I did not enjoy being by myself, so I caught a bus back to the hotel. Not the way I wanted to spend a beautiful evening, but…….Asi, Asi!!

I didn’t mention the good rides in Epcot: the trip to Mars, Soar, and the car testing ride. All of them were really good!!!!! I did do some food tasting in some of the booths/stalls in the international area. Some wonderful Greek Baklava and a French Crepe with chocolate………there were toooooooo many various food stalls from many, many countries to try everything ( and I didn’t want to spend THAT much).

WITH the exception of not being able to enjoy the evening at Epcot…..it was a good day, thanks in part to the outstanding weather, as I said above.

With the above as stated, …….we complete our 5th day at Walt Disney World. What will tomorrow bring???? I’m not certain….other than I plan to experience more of Epcot. And with that in mind…….

Life IS Great…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: